Looking for job opportunity in Jakarta or Bandung

i am planning to move to Jakarta or Bandung.
Now seeking for Job opportunity there.
Anyway i am flying to Jakarta on 12 Feb 2017 morning to visit m in law & if there is Job offer i may be able to attend for the interview.

Basics first ..

Indonesia requires you to have a work permit in order to work legally, and that means you must have a skill that is unavailable or in short supply from Indonesian workers.

Working illegally is a very bad idea as the punishments can include heavy fines and even prison time. All are followed by deportation.

Pretty much every job requires an appropriate degree and a minimum of five years experience in that field as well as medical checks and a few other bits and bobs such as drug testing.

Before going further, do you pass the above?

i am aware of those Fred,
If possible to get Malaysian company which has branch in Jakarta or Bandung that would be lovely.

So Fred you are staying in Tangerang?

South Tangerang and now working - legally

nice... my in laws house in Grogol.

Mind to share with me what are u working as?
How did u get the work permit?

:)

I'm confused by foreigners who want to work in my country Indonesia. If they on know if it's a small salary in Indonesia. And the requirements too difficult to be undergraduate work experience in the field at last 5 years.  Fred right word.
Why do you think so easily on visit visa for 1 month and then continue to try in Jakarta or Bandung. If you don't know, now my government is looking for a massive Ilegal workers for deportation.
I think all countries had the same also have rules like that. Whether because of our country visa free opening line you look to seize the opportunity.
I'm native Indonesian and worked in Hongkong.
I must first apply for work there as best I can. After that the new approach me to go to work there not come first before looking for work.
Where your thinking....???

Sorry correcttio.
If they don't know if it's small salary in Indonesia.
And to try to work in Jakarta or Bandung.

You can chance your luck with teaching in schools as long as you are certified, I know others have tried this and succeeded or try Proton, they come from Malaysia otherwise, try something like JobsDB or any other recruiting company. As long as you have the skills that most Indonesians don't possess or the company is willing to sponsor you then that's fine. You can come here and look for work as long as you don't take employment, you can pretty much come here and do what you like. I don't mind.

Research is the key and knowing what job you can apply for legally.

yunisweetgirl wrote:

I'm confused by foreigners who want to work in my country Indonesia.

Indonesia is lovely
Indonesian sambal is heaven
Indonesia needs foreign workers to fill in skills gaps
Salaries for skilled foreign workers tend to be high

There go four very good reasons.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Fred wrote:
yunisweetgirl wrote:

I'm confused by foreigners who want to work in my country Indonesia.

Indonesia is lovely
Indonesian sambal is heaven
Indonesia needs foreign workers to fill in skills gaps
Salaries for skilled foreign workers tend to be high

There go four very good reasons.

cool...
i'm already married to an Indonesian...
love everything about Indonesia... even the macet especially during Labaran... :)

lukereg wrote:

You can chance your luck with teaching in schools as long as you are certified, I know others have tried this and succeeded or try Proton, they come from Malaysia otherwise, try something like JobsDB or any other recruiting company. As long as you have the skills that most Indonesians don't possess or the company is willing to sponsor you then that's fine. You can come here and look for work as long as you don't take employment, you can pretty much come here and do what you like. I don't mind.

Research is the key and knowing what job you can apply for legally.

i will do some more research...

alhafiz.b wrote:

That starts to make a difference, but only after two years of marriage.
Your wife can sponsor you for a KITAS for the first two years but that doesn't allow work in any form.
After two years you can apply for a KITAP that allows informal part time work.

You can start a small business in your wife's name and effectively run it but you have to stay out of the way. After the KITAP you're pretty much free to do such work without issue, but still no formal work.

Fred wrote:
alhafiz.b wrote:

That starts to make a difference, but only after two years of marriage.
Your wife can sponsor you for a KITAS for the first two years but that doesn't allow work in any form.
After two years you can apply for a KITAP that allows informal part time work.

You can start a small business in your wife's name and effectively run it but you have to stay out of the way. After the KITAP you're pretty much free to do such work without issue, but still no formal work.

ahaa... i will keep this in mind and research even more about it...

Yes I know for whose expertise costly.
Do you not know that the Indonesian people are smart expensive paid in Japan,  USA and German. You know who the inventor of the 4G.
He is Indonesian people.

Skilled people regardless of nationality are paid their worth in any country. No one is suggesting that Indonesians are poorly paid or not smart or creative. In fact quite the opposite.

And the reason people come here to live or work is for the experience which is more often or not a more positive and stress free way of life in a land of smiles, sunshine and enterprise. But you might not see it that way.

I don't think like that. I love my country. I work out because I like travelling hunting for something interesting and already some countries I work there all legal work.
So I wonder why foreigners who want to work in Indonesia only a tourist visa it is against the rules. Ilegal.

yunisweetgirl wrote:

I don't think like that. I love my country. I work out because I like travelling hunting for something interesting and already some countries I work there all legal work.
So I wonder why foreigners who want to work in Indonesia only a tourist visa it is against the rules. Ilegal.

I also love Indonesia, that's why I want to stay here.

Illegal activity is not allowed on this forum so any posts asking for help committing crime are removed as soon as they are seen.
Asking about legal or possibly legal work is fine as many people don't know the law here and the forum is all about helping and guiding expats.

I know and understand. You three Fred, Lukereg and Ubuddian know the situation Indonesia very well as married to a woman from my country. Even you're not fully aware of the my country for non native people Indonesia.
I really appreciate it and salute.
Much of the information you can get in for new expatriate in going to Indonesia. Sorry about the law to be honest I don't master because it was not my area of expertise.
I am counselor and social work in the my Consulate to Hongkong. I protect, guide and remind citizens of Indonesia from overstay, criminal and ilegal workers. So anything Ilegal I will speak at the forum.
I'm so sorry maybe yesterday there were a few mistyped and misinformation cuz I sometimes slipshod.
Sharing information was beautiful. Thanks

Best Regards

I'm pretty well clued up on post 1900 Indonesian history, know and understand pancasila and have studied UUD1945.
I can sing Indonesia Raya without a sheet of paper to help me remember the words.
I have a pretty fair understanding of the laws regarding foreign workers in Indonesia, issues arising from mixed marriages and the immigration rules for such people.
I further understand the historical reasons behind those laws and the reasons they're changing.
The OP is married to an Indonesian so helping him is also helping an Indonesian, just so long as the work is within the letter of the law or he's doing work immigration won't bother him for, maybe running a business in his wife's name; a business that might well keep other Indonesians in work.

How long have you lived in Indonesia...?

I'm heading to 10 years here and staying until someone digs a hole and bungs me in it.
I'm hoping to be dead when they do it but you can't always get what you want.

Hahaha 😅
I very love my country but for me if I dead anywhere is not problem. Though my father wanted  a get together. We had a family tomb.
I never think of what I want. But I always thought it was how much good that I give to others. I want my life to be useful to others.
I am not a selfish person.

agreed with you freed.

my wife salary more high rather than me as a citizen . ha ha ha