Opening a Cattery in the Charente-Maritime Department

I moved to Charente-Maritime last July with my french husband.  I am thinking of opening a small cattery here, run to english standards from our home which is situated between Jonzac and Pons.  I have 16 years experience working in the family business in the UK running a Kennels and Cattery and have just passed the CCAD (Certificate de Capacite Animaux Domestiques) which enables me to work with domestic animals here in France.  Before I invest I thought it would be a good idea to do a bit of market research to see if it is the sort of service that would be of interest to any of you living here.  I am also a dog groomer and would be looking to incorporate this into my business plan.  It will be a very small and personal service and would love to hear from you as to what you would consider an ideal cattery if you were to use one. 

Tracy

Hello. I think you are possibly the Tracy I knew (and loved) in London for a short while in the late seventies. We worked together in Piccadilly. I moved to Devon in 1980 and although we kept in touch for a while,( I took you for supper to Maxwells in Hampstead one evening)  somehow we eventually lost contact. I used occasionally to speak with your mum at a kennels in Chessington but never caught up with you, sadly.
Coincidentally I almost moved to the Charente myself in the early 2000s, but never completed that little project, like so many others. I had bought a house in Andalusia in the 90s and was planning on splitting my time between the two. But for now it’s Devon and Spain.
If we ever get to speak, and if I am talking to the right person, I must tell you the story of my cat in Spain, if you are interested in cats. An amazing story. Still ongoing. Go on, open the chattery.
What prompted me to look for you was that I was sitting at home on Boxing Day nursing a bit of a hangover, lazily watching TV, and your film ‘Melody’ came on and I was mesmerised. I had not seen it before, and memories came flooding back to me.
I hope you are well, and happy. I would really love to hear from you. paul.prestige[at]hotmail.co.uk.
+44 1392 861006.
If I have the wrong person, sorry.
Paul

Hi,
I live near Montendre and would love to know if you opened your business. Please let me know. I have a 5 year old cat who has a heart condition and needs 3 pills a day. If I need to go away for a few days, I can't ask a neighbor to take care of him, I need to board him. Thank you and the best for the New Year.