New in Bangkok

Hello everyone,

Glad to have a platform or forum of such to welcome and guide the new immigrants in Thailand.

I'm mixed but am a Singaporean, have relocated here in Bangkok for work and it would be really helpful to make some new friends both professionally & socially.

Pretty odd for me as I do not have much experience making introduction of myself as such.

Most delightful & thrilled to meet some local and foreign friends soon.

Where do I go from here now?!?? :>

Cheers,
Velle

You can goggle for Singapore Club of Thailand (SCOT) or contact the embassy for contact information. It's a social club for Singaporeans and some members have foreign or Thai spouse. Likewise you can contact Singapore Thai Chamber of Commerce too. There's Kelab Malaysia as well as Malaysia Thai Chamber of Commerce as well. Of course there are some Singaporeans and Malaysians who had been living in Thailand for more than 20 to 40 years. They can speak fluent Thais too. Once you start to mix around, more doors will be open.

Hello Velle , I am Bip from India. I am coming to Thailand next month and it will be my first visit there. So, can we meet ?

Greetings!  It's kind of last minute but there is an expat themed event later today, with an odd format related to presentations:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1834640116792925/

I'm an expat here but I have little background on how to go about meeting expats.  I sort of don't, unless I run across them at work or my son's school.  Internations (a different group) might be worth a try, but to me their events feel a little like work networking events.  Checking out meet-ups (website for groups) couldn't hurt, but those would have to relate to a particular special interest, in cooking or a sport or whatever else.

Rejoice wrote:

You can goggle for Singapore Club of Thailand (SCOT)

Could you kindly provide some further details on this?

I am currently based in Bangkok but mostly bump into Singapore tourists - not expats. Would be nice to celebrate National Day with fellow countrymen. Thank you