10 days in Hanoi

Hi, I am coming to Hanoi at the end of February, however, I am only staying for about 10 days (this time). I have previously been to Da Nang, Nha Trang and Saigon December last year checking out where I prefer. Should Hanoi interest me, I would come back for an extended stay.

I enjoy VN food and coffee and would like as explore the city day and night life.

Any advice on best area to stay that is not too busy (I think of Saigon) but has plenty around to walk and enjoy.

Thanks

You can stay in Old Quarter where is noisy but maybe the best place to explore Hanoi : close to Hanoi famous spots : sword lake, temple of literature, Hochiminh complex ( HCM museum, HCM mausoleum, one-pillar pagoda..) Ngoc Son Temple, Westlake, a lot of places to enjoy street food  , and many things to explore at night : drink beer at Ta hien street, night market, walking-street around Sword Lake.... people are so kind too, but you still need to bargain if you want to buy some souvenir....,

Thanks, I am just concerned about how much noise there is, particularly motorbike horns when sleeping.

it depends the location of hotel you choose, if you stay in small street in Old Quarter, it may be a bit far but quite quiet , in contrast, if you stay in big street ( Hang Bong, Hang Gai , Hang Ngang, ....) noise will be much more, staying in high floor also a idea to prevent noise. some of my old guest usually choose to stay in high floor to avoid noise