Any job available?

Hi, I'm from Malaysia.. I'm looking for a job in University, as a research assistant. Is that impossible to get this position since I'm not the resident here? Thank you for advice.

Perhaps contact Universities in Australia for a job.

Thank you for your advice.. Stumpy.. Is that easy to get job since Im not the PR in Australia.. Stumpy.. If I work with children , I need to provide working with children check? And if I work with elderly, I have to provide  Police checks for aged care ?? Thank you for your advice.

You can probably only get a job from those that are on the wanted list.  Research assistant and working as a carer are not in demand.  There are many Australians who can do that and are unemployed.  Australia is an expensive country to live in and unless you can find a decent job with a good salary its very difficult to survive.  Dont assume it will all be okay because you want it.  Australia is hitting a small depression, work and homes are hard to get and jobs are always given to Australians first.  Many try to take pot luck but end up failing, lose everything and return to their home country much worse off.  The cost of visas, travel, medical insurance, etc. etc. will run into thousands before you even leave.

I agree with Googley2's post.

The grass is not as green in Oz now and is the 6th most expensive country in the world to live in and is in the top ten regarding taxes.