How to make friends in Ethiopia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Ethiopia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Ethiopia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Am Grace and i just recently moved to Ethiopia, its kind of hard because i dont have friends. I`d love to meet pple i can talk to and maybe hang out with. I hope i meet new friends here soon.

Grace, The easiest way is at local good bars-frequebted by the higher middle class and upwards-Jolly Bar at arat killo square, Wube Bereha, at Edna Mall, Flirt behind Edna Mall, Fareiheight, next to Edna mall, Beeer Garden behind Edna Mall,etc. And the best seats to easily chat with locals and others is at the balcony. I start chatting with the bartender and then with people around there. I found this to be very easy.

You can make friends by chatting saying hello, by Telephone,by woking together with others so on

from expat, from bars and restuarants in addis.facebook

I arrived Addis yesterday and I have been doing long walks around a main road which I couldn't find where the name written :D. I found people friendly and welcoming. However , I feel a little bit lonely, truth to be told ,though I try not to let that feeling overwhelm me .

I am thinking of what to do ,where to go and who to go with this weekend .I got an offer for a company from a guy who works in the hotel where I am living. I appreciated it but I found something not right about him, I dont know, I just trust my sixth sense. So I have been surfing on the internet and finding this seemingly useful social networking. I am wondering do you people meet up occasionally? It would be more than great if I could be able to join you this weekend.

Other wise I can now picture myself in a quiet room Facebooking ( I just found a single room this afternoon. They have 2 cute smelly dogs there and well...they may keep me company :))

Any reply would be most appriciated

hey lien, welcome to addis and u can email me [email protected]
happy to show u my city and have coffee or drinks an show u so nice live music clubs
sol

i have just joined this site, it looks awesome...i'm coming to Ethiopia so i think i'll be able to make friends here!

Let be friends  :)

sounds good! we can start the friendship from chatting

Yes for sure

Let be friends ☺️

Count me in1f601.svg

Hello

@expat.com  

it is very simple contact me  . i willing be happy1f60d.svg1f60d.svg

For those who reply here on this thread. 

You need to introduce yourself with a little information so that others can assess whether to contact you. 

Things like hobbies, work, interests  will help. 

@expat.com  hi I'm lonely too living on Ethiopia we can  become friends

@Grace Akinyi Odera
u still here Grace?

@suave hi

Let's talk and be a good friends of mine !

Alright let's talk

Please remember this forum is not a chatline.

The forum is set up for the exchange of information and advice between members.

You can contact others privately using the message system.

@Grace Akinyi Odera hello my name is Hewan Sintayehu and I am from Addis Ababa Ethiopia, 20 years old girl in college.

I would love to make some new friends currently.

Hello @Hewan Sintayehu

The post of Grace is from 2011, she hasn't been on the forum since.

Please start your own topic if you need guidance.

All the best

Bhavna

@Hewan Sintayehu hey I have just recently came to Addis and I would love to make new friends and meet new people, so if you are interested text me

@Selsi Hi selsi

@Salemsm Hi salemsm

Hello yonasmandinet2,

Please feel free to share a brief introduction about yourself, allowing us to get to know you better.

Sharing a little about yourself can be especially helpful when looking to make new friends. 1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello all, I hope you are all doing well. I am here looking for friends. Talking sharing speding time together coocking travelling or doing some thing creative is always enjoyable with friends. Old and young all are welcome. I am Sunil from Indian now working in Ethiopia. would love to hear from you all guys.

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well. I'm " Koh " from Bangkok, Thailand, South East Asia.

I'd ever study in Pune, Maharashatra, India since 1989 - 1992 and had  Ethiopian friend named

" Mr. Walelgn Shite Munu " who was the president of Ethiopia students' association. He was graduated

M.B.A. from Pune University and married with Ethiopian lady who worked for Ethiopian Airline in Bombay as ground staff. I can't contact him more than 20 years, and try to find him on Twitter,

Facebook, What's App. etc. but can't get him. Anyway, I hope to find him one day if it's possible.

So, I think that this is another way to find him. Hope everyone in this room help me to reach him

soon as soon as possible. Thank you all very much. Have a good day everyone.