Some rude Libyans

Expat should be ashamed of theirselves for not representing the expats.
This is not a travel agents site!
How sad that a genuine and well meant warning concerning Marsa Al Brega and a compony called ETOS should be censored in this day and age.
Is this an expat forum or a Libyan censored PR site?Is it not the purpose of this site to be informative and factual whether good or bad?
Must everyone be intimidated by upsetting someone with inconvenient truths!
Should anybody want these facts please email me at [email protected]
I promise not to censor anything
regards
Terry

Yud you say
And I can assure you it is not about an unscrupulous agent (or something like such) or scam rip off artist

What a lot of patronising poppycock.
I define unscrupulous by
Withholding wages and expenses over five months without correspondence or reason
Telling lies regarding accommodation availability
Telling Lies about transport facilities
Tellimg lies about insurance facilities
telling lies about conveyancing to work
Refusing comntractual oblogations to arbitrate
Refusing contractual obligations of payment
renaging on preagreed repaymets for organising own flights

This unscrupulous has ripped me off for $4000 short and refuses correspondence

Yud what worth is your assurance and your judgement.

Shall I send you the photographs that you may publish them?

Are you Libyan by any chance?

Hello Stavangerfisherman,

As I can see the company in question has treated you very unfairly! And believe me, I am very sorry for you. However, answering to some of your comments that you made towards me:

* I am not Libyan.
* I am not pro-"the_cited company"
* I am not a judge in this matter.

Regards

OK, I now intervene.

1. You are a new member.

2. In your first message, you say company X screwed me

3. In your second message, you repeat company X screwed me

-> we haven't got any proof of what you say, and generally don't accept diffamatory posts (particularly from new members), so we moderate. By the way your very first message wasn't deleted but moved to a private forum for analysis

4. Third message, you now say we provide a crappy service

5. Fourth message, you repeat that we provide a crappy service

and so on ...

Anything else than complains maybe ?

Mudman wrote:
Clansman wrote:

Typical, what did I miss then ? :dumbom:

I can remember words like:

ETOS
Accomodation,cockroaches, toilets so dirty the cleaners wouldn't clean them, leaking roof,

and the opinion of the OP that the employer couldn't care less about the living conditions of its workers.

Note: this is what I think I remember my interpretation of someone else's opinion was. That doesn't make it fact or defamatory.

:)

Cheers Mr Mud, I can think of another place with similar working conditions :rolleyes:

Julien
Yud was out of order removing my comments and substituting his own that had no basis themselves without proof.
An apology would be in order
If you are the owner then you should not let this be happening.
This is indeed what provides a crappy service.
I have remarked on no other part of your excellent service so please do not infer otherwise.
Diffamatory remarks are required of rip off merchants and this should be the place to advise the newbie beware.
As supposedly one of your roles is that of helping expats you are surely making the role toothless by cutting out all criticisms  without proof. Will you publish it again if I show you the proof? regards

Maybe you would prefer to advise your expats that a certain company in Tripoli is ripping off westerners and that a certain place west of Benghazi has less than clean facilities.?
Terry

The first victim in war is grammar.

It's defamatory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation

Hi,

this discussion is now completely getting off topic, but I respond to your last message. This will be my last message here.

Yud was out of order removing my comments and substituting his own that had no basis themselves without proof.

Yud didn't remove anything (it's another moderator), and he does a great job.

An apology would be in order

You should try to get apologies from your previous employer, not from us.

If you are the owner then you should not let this be happening.

What I don't let happening here is new members defaming companies and/or people in their very first messages (without proofs). We already had problems/complains because of that and we are now doing our best to prevent these problems.

The thing you must understand is that we are with you, not against you.

Now, it would be very interesting to start a new discussion, and discussion about the ways (if any) to report such bad employers. Is there a kind of uk-like citizen bureau in Libya?

MoEl wrote:

I have faith in the American people. They're not nearly as bad as those fags in LA and NYC would like us to believe. I may write about this one day.

...hold on a minute.. I get a warning for the a-hole and you can actually say f*gs (in NYC) and get away with it?? We must really be in Libya, then!
And BTW, that sounds very jerry falwell-ish!

I know, I know...off topic..
fk

fag noun \ˈfag\ :
a: an English public-school boy who acts as servant to an older schoolmate.

b: an extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.

c: Ten No.6

Hello members,

I think this discussion is becoming off - topic! Can we concentrate on the initial discussion!

I used to live in Regatta and would often walk about 20 minutes to go buy groceries on Gergarish. More than once some middle aged local would pull over and ask "Hello, want to come in?". And I'm not even good looking.. Must be pretty tough to be gay in Libya I guess..

I'm done sweet talking my country, I'm Libyan and yes I suggest you DONT go to Libya. First their on a civil war, nobody has some decency there, you will probably find ur self dead there. Even minors are like this kids of the age from 7, they'll throw rocks at you, spit, swear and literally attack you. I'm not even joking you will have a bruise from them. Older men who are about 30  are good they aren't as bad. No they don't teach values in the Libyan curriculum and I'm saying this from experience. At school fights are way too common like ATLEAST 3 a day. You think I'm full of bs and I'm probably not even libyan? go there yourself, expect yourself being traumatised and even physically hurt people commonly even die Good luck I'm done with this crap.