Black sea coast apartment

Hi there,

just spent 2 weeks in Varna searching for an apartment in the city center.

The properties I visited with the real estate agency were quiet expensive, parking place when available was already sold or on sale for more than10K.

Any advice? Should I move the target down to Burgas?

Thanks

Burgas is cheaper and I would say for expats probably better, Varna has the larger enterprises based there and better wages too. I'd rather Burgas myself as it has a more mediterranean climate and is close to beautiful beaches like Sozopol, Kiten, Chernomorets and the Strandja wetland ecosystem. Do you have work in Varna? Would you rather live in a large city? If not I'd look to Burgas if you want a coastal city.

I guess you're looking for value in Bulgaria, if you're complaining about parking lots going for 10k. You won't really get value on the Black Sea there though. There are nearly a million rich Russians buying property there and the government are about to bring requirements for residency visas down to a person that buys for 50k, probably good news for many but will prop up prices. It's cheaper to buy a coastal property in Spain, Portugal and Southern Italy than Bulgaria right now, if you want value look rural around growing cities like Plovdiv, Sofia or regions like the South-West.

Hi Guyjones,

thanks for the replay.

I'm looking for an apartment as investment and for holidays, not for work.

I will have a look at Burgas.

Regards
Max

Most 2 bedroom modern apartments are 1000-1200E per sq.m in the centre of Varna, which I think is still good value.

Both Varna & Burgas are good cities.
Depends what you are looking for I suppose, but Varna is a lot more vibrant than Burgas, especially in the summer, and has much more beach/seafront activity.

If you are looking for a more sedate lifestyle then Burgas is the place for you.

Thanks Varnarama.

I saw a nice apartment close to the economic university, in a new building with parking place at about 1500euro/sqm; and I think it is expensive from an investment point of view.

What's you opinion from investment point of view, about the new gated complex just outside of the city?

Yeah I think 1500E per sq.m is a bit too expensive, and not as central as less expensive modern apartments nearer the centre.

There is a majestic looking new apartment block buing built on Miladinovi St (200m parallel from slivinitsa - slivinitza is where the tall Cherno more Hotel is situated).

I'm sorry, I dont know the other gated complex you are referring to, though I know someone who lives in the big pink coloured gated complex (built around 2004). I don't suppose it is that, is it?

I'm talking about breeze and picadilly.

Yeah I know someone called Phil who lives there.

He says it's good but I think he now wishes he had bought somewhere in the centre to curtail his taxi expenses to and from the centre, as he spends a lot of time in the centre.