First time bringing our dogs with us to Bucerias - beach diarrhea?

Apologies for subject matter lol. We have vacationed in Bucerias for 10 years and have always enjoyed watching the dogs enjoying the beach and ocean.

We are newly retired and have booked a Casa for 4 months next winter. We are driving so we can bring our 3 dogs - Schnoodles ( Schnauzer/Poodle cross).

I have heard of something dogs get called beach diarrhea - can anyone tell me their experience the first time they had their dog at the ocean? Is this something just might happen - and if it does, is it just an adjustment period, like after a week or something they get used to it?

I know we shouldn't let them drink the salt water, but they can't avoid getting some in their mouth...and we will ensure they have lots of filtered water at home.

Any advice or feedback?

Thanks!

Never heard of it and my dog has not had it.  I live on the beach 4 hours south of Vallarta

I live full time in Bucerias.  I have 7 dogs that take a walk on the beach daily.  Dogs don't tend to drink salt water, it isn't appetizing.  I have never heard of a salt water problem.  The dogs do love to eat the horse droppings.  That doesn't bother them either, only the owners and the dog's breath.  One problem is the dogs eating dead fish.  There have been a lot lately.  I have caught a dog just in time.  The fish can make them sick.  I have one ill now.  A friend said she saw the dog eating something but we don't know what it was.  The dog did not eat yesterday and threw up 5 or so times.  It was Sunday so nothing to be done.  I gave her pepto.  She is better today.  I have spoken to the vet who is very busy.  We may or may not go in.  The dogs to get into food bits that people have left which usually does not present a problem.  I would not worry too much.  Dr.  Eduardo at 298-1622 is a very good vet.  You may also want to plug into the "Bucerias Yahoo Groups for more local info.