Strange Situation (Please Help)

I'm at the edge of my sanity here and was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me at all.   So the situation is as follows;  about two years ago my father (a British citizen) kinda took off on my family and moved to the Dominican Republic on a sort of pseudo-retirement.   Obviously relationships were somewhat estranged afterwards but I tried to keep contact if only to make the best of a bad situation.  However, starting around mid-December he stopped responding to my emails.  Things progressed over the holidays with me growing increasingly concerned about the lack of contact.   Finally the previous Friday I called a place where he had worked in the DR and they notified me that he had been found dead around the 15th of December.  I have been trying to get information from the British Embassy in Santo Domingo but they've been unresponsive / kinda giving me the slip.   Does anyone know the process to receive a death certificate?  I believe he was living there illegally which surely complicates the situation.  Any information that you think would be relevant to my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cameron

Hi Cameron,
which part of the island was he living in? I lived in Puerto Plata for 6 month between sep 2015 and may 2016, i can ask two people abt that, you never know they might know something ..other parts of the country i cant help sorry. sorry abt your loss
Ellie

Lets get you some help.  I will send you a private message asking for more info and will contact the authorities for you!

So sorry for your loss. What part of the country was he in?  I am on the north coast and will help if I can

Bob K

He was living in Bavaro outside of Punta Cana I believe.

I've been told that I have to be in the Dominican Republic to receive a death certificate for my father?  Does anyone have experience with regards to registering a death there?  I cannot imagine that I have to travel all the way down there to get some paperwork done :(

You may need to contact a lawyer down here to help. I would recommend Guzman and associates as they are the largest in the country and deal a lot with international  law.
www.drlawyyer.com

Bob K

Hi there..

I live in Bavaro and have not heard of any UK cit dying. Normally if there is a murder it will be everywhere but if natural causes not so..
Here is an e mail address of the British foreign office that you can try.. She was very helpful with me re my passport renewal,...but mostly coz I kicked up a real fuss on Social media and they heard about it.. Good luck and hope you can sort all this out..   [email protected]

I have not been able to find anything either!  The embassy is your best bet at this point.

You will need to go there in person and speak to someone in the embassy.