Gay rights in istanbul

hey everyone,

i have a job offer in Istanbul and im a bit unsure weather to take it. i am a gay man but i don't know the rights or views on homosexuality in this country.... just need some advice really

thanks ant x

Welcome on board pullin04 ;)

I hope other that forumers will give you some advices you soon!

Regards

current goverment working on a law about discrimination crimes but since they have a religious background they seem like they don t think to add 'sexual orrientation' in it. cos previous form used to have it but now they deleted that part. but since you are foreigner you ll have some other extra previliges which turkish citizen gays dont have. cos nobody d like to face with your embassy in any issue. so u don t have to worry about living in turkey. istanbul could be best choice to live in. for further information u can check following websites and mail them for any  questions.
lambdaistanbul.org
kaosgl.com

hi pullin04

did you stell in istanbul

lete me know

thanks

Hey there. Gay rights are almost non-existent here and LGBTs are discriminated. However, there's quite a large community here and they get along fine with their normal life, they even have LGBT friendly bars pubs and clubs. Note that gay night life and freedom is not even close to how it is in England. Feeling comfortable really depends on you and on which area you'll be in. I'm straight myself but I have gay friends and we hang out in public with no problem at all. It just really depends on how much do you really want to be out there if you get what I mean. PM me if you need more info, would love to help :) Just relax about that issue, I'd say make your decision on moving here based on the job itself