Work offer Spam

Good day

Just a question I have received a Job offer from a company in the Middle East, Abu Dhabi-UAE (careers.conocophillips.com)

All looks great but then the offer is good then the costs to pay up front for agency to prepare my papers Residence Permit and Visa.

As per mails the information starts to be a concern because there are a middle man in this arrangements and the money must be paid into his account.

See this mail below and tell me if this is correct, I need help regarding something like this.

Dear Applicant,

Your signed Letter of Appointment which hold the Job Reference Code Number:  CP-UAE-03571 /2020/ABD/017 we received a moment ago, has been validated and your EXPARTRIATE CLEARANCE, RESIDENCE PERMIT, WORKING VISA and Health Insurance Certificate issuance will be commenced processing, immediately.

In accordance with the UAE Ministry of Interior and Immigration Rules, as a Non-GCC citizen or Emirati national, you are required to make a Clearance for acquisition of your UAE Employee Employment Certificate, Residence Permit and Working Visa before you would be allowed live and work here in UAE with your employing company: CONOCO PHILLIPS -Middle East. Abu Dhabi-UAE.

Therefore, we advise you fill up the UAE VISA FORM (See attached here-with). And send back to us the filled copy and affixed 1 (One) PASSPORT SIZED PHOTOGRAPH (Colored with White background).

To enable us commence processing your required Working papers, kindly send to us a pre-requisite processing charges as follows:-

Total: US$ 1,750.00 Equivalent to (AED6,550 Emirati Dirham) Single Applicant processing charges.

Please pay the above listed Family status processing charges in UAE Emirati Dirhams currency strictly on the name of our Travel Agency's Senior Accounts Officer (xxxx) as the 'RECEIVER'.

STRICTLY USE THIS INFORMATION AND MAKE PAYMENT THROUGH WESTERN UNION TRANSFER:-

Receiver Name:                  Yxxxxx
Receiver Country:              UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Amount:                              USD1,750 Equivalent to AED 6,550
TELEPHONE NUMBER:    +xxxx

As soon as you make payment please send to us scan copy of the payment Receipt for confirmation, to enable immediate commencement of your Working papers processing and complete within 8(Eight) working days.

We will send you by Courier Service the original hard copy of your Resident Permit/Working Visa and other relevant documents to your forwarding address.

Thanks in advance for your kind understanding and co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

MR. xxxx, Senior Co-Ordinator
ARABIAN TRAVEL & TOURS LLC
Abu Dhabi - UAE
TELEPHONE: xxx
Email: xxx
xxxx

cc: Mr. xxx

Encl.: ORIGINAL COPY - UAE VISA FORM

As per the mail attachetment sorry for any inconvenience caused in this regard.

Regards

Hi there, this looks like a scam since they asked for money from you. Be careful.