Computer/phones etc

Hey guys...quick question or two please.

Moving from New Zealand around the middle of 2018 and was wondering if it's better to buy say a laptop and also our phones there and simply just use the ones we already have?
Would there be any benefit(s) to buying local there? IE; maintenance etc.

Also...because I'm a challenged bugger, buying a Navman or similar there, easy enough to simply set it up in English and use or is there enough data coverage over there to just use my phone?

Excuse the n00b questions but hey, we all have to kick off somewhere right?  :P

If your phone is unlocked, it'll work pretty much anywhere.
The laptop will work just as well as it does at home.

Unless there are import restriction (Come on local guys), there would be little point selling and buying again.

If they are used, they should come through customs without any problem. 

Funny thing was that I brought my iMac used to Vietnam.  As I went through customs I just said "used" to the agent.  Although I had the original box, it was clearly not new.  On my return to Hawaii, probably because it was baggage on my wife's ticket and they felt they could extort her, they actually had the nerve to try to ding us for the machine which was bought in the US in the first place and was three years older.  I simply said "no way, this is mine" and they backed off.

I never spoke computer prices to anyone from NZ but some from AU have told me that Apple products are actually more expensive there than VN.  Vietnam is about 10-20% more than the US.

Appreciate the feedback thanks

Any thoughts on the NavMan question re purchasing there and English settings etc?