Tourist Visa

I am coming from UK and will be applying for a SRRV when there. The advice seems to be get a tourist visa for the time that the srrv application is going on. So I am first applying for a tourist visa to allow me to stay for 59 days.

On the form FA FORM 2A question 13 says Name & Address of Reference in the Philippines. Now what on earth do I put there? I contacted a visa agency by phone and they said either someone who has invited me. (that's nobody) or a hotel address. Does this mean I have to book a hotel before applying for the visa and put that or would something else do in its place

Many thanks in advance

As a matter of fact I have to let you know that the immigration process is quite confusing at times. It will be good if you can let them know exactly where you will be staying. Booking a hotel with serve as a guarantee for them to at least know where you will be staying. Getting an invitation letter is also good. The person inviting you will include his/her address and where you will stay in the Philippines. I am married here, I came with an invitation letter and I obtained a visa on arrival. The immigration officer read the invitation letter and called the number of wife. They both spoke in Tagalog after which I was granted access to the Philippines. It was so simple.........
Good luck

Hi. If you are not a restricted national, there's no need for you to apply a tourist visa when entering here in Philippines. You will only need to present your passport valid at least 6months with available pages for stamping and return ticket,(rebookable ticket is much better to present) on your arrival the bureau of immigration airport will grant you valid of stay for 29 days by stamping on your passport, since you are planning to apply for SRRV that time you can extend your tourist visa here in bureau of immigration. Please note to secure your police clearance ,must english translated and authenticated in philippine embassy because it is one of requirement for SRRV. By the way what is your nationality.

Hopefully above comments will help.

Best regards,

Thank you, that is very helpful. Yes every time I have visited I have just had a visa exception stamp, but thought I read that one had to have an actual visa which is converted to a SRRV visa. A type 9a (?) visa. I am from UK

You will just have to extend your tourist visa here in philippines once you arrived for 59 days so that ypu can claimed your tourist acr i-card, then you can proceed for the process of your srrv

good morning/evening all ! excuse my ignorance however what is srrv ? cheers

Special Residents Retiree Visa  SRRV

SRRV Special Resident Retirees Visa. A special non immigrant resident visa that provides holder with multiple entry and indedinite stay in Ph. Any foreign nationals can apply.