Long Term Social Visit Pass to Indian man married to Malaysian woman

i am an Indian married to a malaysian woman..interested to settle in Malaysia on LTSVP.
My Malaysian wife has just started a company to do a simple business in Malaysia, as she is not employed..Can she sponsor me for a LTSVP?  we complete our six months happy married life on 21st March 2017...her newly started company just slowly picking up business..showing some income to her..
plz kindly guide me the possiblities for me to get the LTSVP?

I moved from USA to Malaysia beginning of last year.  married my Malaysian wife in September and have gone through the procedure for LTSVP status.  They may give up to 5 years when you apply but not to get your hopes too high, they may only give you as little as 1 year as they did me, but you can renew at the end of each term to extend your pass.  Simply go to your nearest immigration office and apply

In my case the first visa was 6 months, then one year and only then I was given a 5 year. But you will run into trouble regarding your wife sponsoring your visa unless she can verify that she can support you. Sometimes a family member can sponsor the visa in such cases.

One of the things that Immigration will ask for during the LTSVP application process is proof of your wife's income so that she can demonstrate that she has the means to support you. You mentioned that she recently started a business. If so, I would recommend that she print out copies of her monthly profit & loss statements for the period that she has been in business and submit those to Immigration during the application process. If your wife was working prior to starting up her business, I would suggest that she should make copies of her last 6 monthly pay slips and include those with your LTSVP application. Let us know how things work out for you, yeah?

Mega,

Ok, everything sounds good so far. I have been through this too. As everyone knows, there are many steps in the visa application, many papers, but the thing you cant escape is income.

In the visa, your income is not considered at all. In fact, you have very little to do with the application since your wife is the sponsor. Its her application, her details, her income. The minimum immigration will accept is RM2000 a month. She should have 2 or 3 months of the most recent bank statements ready to include in the application that show the deposits being made to her account. She can be self-employed, that part is OK. If a higher amount can be shown, better still. RM4000 would look much better than RM2000. Immigration will look very closely at that income and its source. I think they would see it as a trick if you gave her RM2000 or RM4000 each month because then it looks like a salary job she doesnt have. If a person were trying to fool immigration, I would put a series of small deposits, like around RM100 per day, then it looks like the self employment she claims to have. If you dont have that record to show now, you are not ready to apply for the visa. Build the bank record for 3 months before applying.

The process takes about 30 days and the department will sell you a visa extension (I think RM10 per day or less) until the visa is approved. Once approved, you have to stay 6 months. After that, you apply all over again--with more bank records--then you can get one-year visa and are allowed to go out. After that year, you apply fresh again for the next visa which might be 2 or 5 years. One reason they do this slowly is to see if you stay married, are a good citizen with no police troubles, income still coming, are still in the country. Many couples dont survive the first year, the husband runs away, the income stops, they divorce, etc, so they do it in steps to see if you are truly and happily married.

thanks brother

is it a must that after getting the first six months LTSVP... i have to stay here and not to go out of malaysia for six months??  i may have to go to india atleast once in two months to purchase goods for her business....with out me going out for purchase, she cant do her business...what is the solution for this brother?

Hi there. I saw your post seeking for help in terms of LTSV Pass. To be frankly, I'm actually owned a consultation company that assist a lot of foreigners that are facing similar problem as yours and I can assist you on that. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to reply me and I'm happy to assist you on you problem.

Thanks.

Hi

I will be in Malaysia on 25th Feb 2017...plz get me ur contact address and hp number..i shall meet u in person
Thanks
Gurumoorthi
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi - my wife is Vietnamese and I Malaysian- my wife is pregnant with my second child and due in October 2017- I need to bring my wife mother here to take care of the baby- can you please help- what type of visa toget for my mother in law

I am glad to inform u my dear friends..I was finally given LTSV pass valid for 6 months period..I gave our documents on 21.8.2017 and was given my spouse visa on 18.9.2017

Sorry..21.8.2017, we gave the documents

I am an Indian married to Pr of Malaysia. At first I got 6 months spouse visa and again got 6 months spouse visa but not allowed to work. By this October I need to renew my visa. Whether they would provide me with one year spouse visa and if so they provided with one year visa can I work in Malaysia. Please someone assist me.Thank you

Please  join Facebook group Foreign spouses support group Malaysia for best response.

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

Hi, does anyone here know how can i get my son a long term social visit pass? I plan on studying in malaysia and wants to bring my son with me. By the way i'm from philippines

Check whether it's possible on the EMGS website.
https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/how-to-apply.html

I already opened that website but philippine passports are not eligible to apply for dependent visa, however it says that i can apply for long term social visit pass which is minimun of 6months

Your student visa will have the restrictions stated by EMGS but always good to check their online help app. There are different options according to the type of pass held. https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/how-to … pass.html/

If ever, i'll enroll as a postgraduate student, can i apply for dependent visa for my nephew?

Don't think so, as it says immediate family and lists what relatives they are.  Might be possible if you are his legal guardian.  If a child is enrolled in a school in Malaysia, there is a Guardian visa. But you will also have to show some income. No study or work while holding a Guardian visa

Thank you for your informations. It is very useful and if you don't mind, may i ask another related question? It will be, do you know how is the process for the long term social visit pass? I already visited some websites and i'm not really allowed to apply for dependent visa for my son that's why i will only depend on the long term visa.

I don't see how you can apply for a long term visa as a student. Where did you read you could do that?

Hello there. Can somebody give me a simple help and advises on how to get my 1 year old son a Long term social visit pass? I have decided to study in some private university in kuala lumpur and wants to bring my son with me, at first i taught of applying for dependent visa however, according to the rules and policies, only some countries are eligible and philippines is not included where i came from that why i consider getting LTSVP as his visa while staying in the country . Please give me some helpful tips about applying for LTSVP for my son

My sister had a friend who works in immigration.

It's the university that would be supporting the application for your student pass through EMGS, so best to ask them.

I have no problem regarding with my student pass because it's already on process. I'm only concern on how i'll be able to bring my child legally and without worrying about his safety

The university will be involved in bringing your child in (if its possible) so that's why you need to speak to them or double check with EMGS online help.

You personally can't sponsor your child's visa.

Thank you for all your advises. It's quite helpful and i'll try to find ways about it.

Hi please mail me how to contact you pls.. Im also facing the same problem regarding long term social visa pass. Thanks. U can contact me via s***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct