How about a 13000 MYR Salary for a family of 4?

Hi there,

I  understand that there has been similar questions asked in this forum lot of time before but these are older threads of 2015.   I want what are these figures mean in 2017.

I want to know the salary package of 13000 MYR for a family of 4 in KL would work fine or not.

Currently, I am working in UAE as Senior Software Developer at 25k salary with medical insurance of  family provided by company.

How much would that be fine for me considering my current salary here in UAE.

Thanks.

Why would u want to move from uae to kl?

Your question is half informative. I would suggest to inform what was your savings in Dubai per month from 25k Dirham (I assume)?

Secondly in this offer you didn't mention whether employer will also provide medical coverage or claim of your family or not?

Lastly, how was your living standard in Dubai? A basic life or a better than a middle income family with maintaining car and staying in condo etc? Then, whether your children were studying in govt subsidiary schools or private schools? etc..

But, roughly I can assume you may spend around 8,000 ringgit per month with a very basic life style in KL. So, you may able save roughly USD1000 plus per month.

Note: I'm not living in KL, but visit many times due to office work. So, know their living standards through my own experience and information received from my colleagues in KL.

Thanks for the response.

So now that the things are relatively matured. I am getting back to answer the questions asked above.

So first let me tell you about the prospective opportunity in KL. It is 13k with family medical insurance + bonus.  I have 2 kids, younger just turned 1 and elder one is about 3. Noone hasnt started pre-school yet. so to say, only one child is going to go to pre-school for next 2 years. I guess.  The prospective opportunity is good in terms of work and career.

I can get good opportunities in terms of salary in UAE but in terms of career, good companies are rare here. and I am not able to find anything good. I am currently outta job and actively looking for something for last 4 months.  Got many opportunities but that doesn't suit my career. (BTW I am web/enterprise developer having 10 years of experience) .

How can my lifestyle be above average after all it is UAE : ).

However, my lifestyle is about average here with car, 2 bedroom apartment and lots of travelling and at least one family dine out every second day. Health insurance covered for all family and the accommodation has the highest share in salary.

So I am kinda interested in KL opportunity and is wondering if this is good step.

regards,
Faraz

Not too bad salary. Having lived in dubai, i agree that folks in IT are not much in demand there. I think KL may present you with better opportunities. Worth a shot buddy.

Thanks.

I would have lots of questions by the time I land in KL. So would be posting questions here.

Good forum.

13k is enough to survive here. But when your kids are ready to go to elementary school your finances will be tighter. Perhaps you will find better job or business opportunities once you have settled in Malaysia.

Yes. That's what I was thinking. Let's see how things go this year.

Budget is always a constraint wherever you go these days.
Even if I go back to Pakistan, the jobs are more career oriented and above average salary packages from rest of the occupations. Anyhow expenses go way out of control.  But that doesn't affect as much as you are in home country

So really can't camplain. :)

I'm looking forward to the whether and beauty of Malaysia anyways. And people are generally nice. I have briefly been to Malaysia for holiday trip back in 2010.