Speaking Sinhalese in Sri Lanka

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Sinhalese is essential for a successful integration in Sri Lanka. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Sinhalese? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Sri Lanka?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Sri lankans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

you can learn the language from education centers, also here we understand english    :):):dumbom:

You mean that every people living in Sri Lanka speak and understand english? Do you have any education center to recommend?

Yes i know can i know which location you are looking for so i can suggest language class from there

Let's start with the capital.  :)

Esoft
International Language Center Colombo
University Of Colombo ( Department Of Sinhala)
SLIDA
Ect...

Hi, of course I speak sinhalese. People make some times funny remarks about the "Suddhis" (white people). Than it is a pleasure to answer and to watch their face...

I experienced, that it is almost nessecery to speak Singhalese, and I do. A lot of workers do not speak English, so in order to get things done, and for the right price, it's very handy if you do!😋

Yes Priscilla i know  Sinhalese very well I have  reached  many foreigners  during past few years. Yes it  is very useful  to know Sinhalese  and  you can have lot  of experiences  if you are loving in Sri Lank. Please visit one day and you will not be regret for  sure.