Speaking Portuguese in Mozambique

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Portuguese is essential for a successful integration in Mozambique. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Portuguese? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Mozambique?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Mozambicans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello

I am staying in Mozambique from last 5 years and I feel this language is easy to learn in day today activity.

Yes if you speak this language it's easy to deal with local and government people.

I don't think so class is required for learning language but still there are some class  available.

Regards

Hi
Although I no longer live in Mozambique, when I was there I spoke Portuguese of course. Years of living there gave me enough chance to learn although I would say pure Portuguese is less useful than the local version.
There are many courses on offer but practice is the best option, in my opinion.
Obrigado
Gilbert

Yes, Portuguese is essential for successful integration in Mozambique.

I have found a personal tutor who is a Lecturer at Catholic University  of Mozambique and lessons are going well. I can now speak basic sentences and this has helped me a lot in my daily activities.

Speaking Portuguese does really make life easier in Mozambique. Of course if you live here, you can pick it up in your day to day activities. Classes will speed up the process, and good classes will also teach you the difference between local expressions, formal and more informal language. This is especially useful if you need it in your work. Especially written formal Portuguese is quite different to the spoken everyday language. There are various schools that offer classes, and also some private teachers. A highly recommended, quality school is Lynden Language School. They offer small groups, and can also arrange short, individual intensive programmes for private students or companies.

Hindi aati hai to bat kro