Speaking Persian in Afghanistan

Hi everyone,

It is widely agreed that speaking Persian is essential for a successful integration in Afghanistan. Do you agree? Share your experience!

Do you speak Persian? If so, where did you learn this language? Where can one attend a language course in Afghanistan?

If not, how do you cope with daily activities? Is it easy to communicate in a different language with Afghans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello,

Please be informed that there are one languages with 3 different names in 3 countries:

1. Persian is official language in Iran (Farsi):

2. Dari is one of Official languages in Afghanistan. Another official language in AFG is Pashtoo. Pashtoo is very difficult and completely different from Dari. A difference between Dari and Persian is not big, difference is accent only.

3. Tajik is official language of Tajikistan and much different from Persian and Dari. People of Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan understand each other very well and they have no problem.
We can say that these 3 languages are like German in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

In fact you do not need for Dari if you work for International organisations. People who work for International organisations speak very good English.
If you wish learn Dari you can do that. Visiting Schools not possible. As a foreigner you would be not allowed. But you can find a good teachers very easy and not so expensive.
I speak Tajik and Dari fluent. With Iranians I speak in Dari and they speak Persian (Farsi) and we understand each other 100%.

Hope this information helps you.

Best regards
Fozil

Previously i was speaking but since long time i am not touch with any Parsion Speaking guy, maybe after some communication i will start speaking parsion again

Hi I live in Afghanistan and I speak Persian and I can tell you from experience that you can only learn Persian from being in the environment and there are no courses to teach you how to speak Persian or Pashtoo well.
And I can help you learn it if you want