Need advice for a huge roadtrip

Hey there expats! I'm a young romanian living in Montreal Canada and i am planning a 6 months roadtrip though South America. I need an advice regarding the proper car for this trip which will be mostly ~20k km. My first option is a Mitsubishi Delica 4x4 but i have a tight budget of 2.500.000 CLP, not too many out there.
Can you recommend me a van in my budget that i can use along my journey? I totally exclude VW Kombi.
Thank you very much!

You might well have fun with customs and import duties when crossing borders but, assuming you've thought of that, I'd go for whatever medium van is easily available over there.
Pick whatever is easiest to get serviced and make sure the fuel type is available in every country on your route.
Make sure it's front wheel drive and not too big or small.

Vans have the advantage of being common and often cheap, but no frills and an empty back means they can be used for a lot of things, including getting your head down if you're tired and there isn't a hotel handy as all you need is a cheap mattress.

A tarp over the back door means you can even get a wash if there isn't anywhere else available.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdj2jpy-6p1Wmxfp_Oi77-I672rTUwY3V_wqHtrCcVD13pMKQVwg

Even if you have a lot of space available, pack light in case the van is unable to continue for any reason.

Thank you for your reply! I will be selling the car after the trip, hopefully and it won't be a problem crossing the borders as it will be on my name, i'll get a RUT number no problem.
As for packing light i always pack light and as i will be travelling alone, i think it will be ok.
Can't open the picture, it looks like a Suzuki Carry, is it?
My only concern about this little car is the 1.0 engine i don't know how it's gonna cope up in the mountains, i don't really need 4x4, a pair of tire chains can get me off.
Are there easy to find tires for it? It has like 12" rims.

The new carry has a 1300 motor, but that was just to show the body type, not a given make of vehicle. The suspension on the carry would drive you mad after the first 20 miles.
That suggestion would only be valid if the roads are good enough for a 'normal' front wheel drive car.

Because of the leaf springs in the back? Well, i don't really travel in the big cities, i'm more about nature and outback. I'll keep searching. Thanks!