Hello /Looking for Information about Canada

Hello Everyone,
I am currently living in the Bahamas and I would like to know a little about the culture of Canada and I would like to know a little of Nova Scotia community, and is this community a high end community? Thanks Guys.

Canada is a very large country and the culture varies from region to region. Socializing in Toronto and the eastern side of Canada is quite different from the west coast. Nova Scotia is a smaller province on the east coast of Canada where the weather is cold in the winter, with a lot of snow and lovely in the summer. It's a beautiful part of the country and the people are very welcoming and community and church oriented. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "high end", but Halifax is a much smaller city than the big three in Canada; Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, so it will obviously offer less in cultural events and venues. That isn't to say that it doesn't have a lot to offer. The Maritimes (the eastern seaboard of Canada) has a rich history and tradition steeped in the cultures of Scotland, Ireland, England, Acadians and also the culture of new immigrants that arrive. There is also a large African-Canadian community. I wouldn't say that Nova Scotia is as chic as some of the big cities, but it's a lovely place, with a lot to offer.

wow, thanks  for such an insightful  comment of the Nova Scotia region, I am also looking to conduct a maritime course do you know of any good maritime schools? Near by?

And also when I said high end I meaning living accomodations ; apartment, food, clothing etc.

There are good post secondary schools in Nova Scotia, some might be better than others, depending on your field of study. I would encourage you to search the internet for the courses you are hoping to take to find the best option for you. Canada has universities, colleges, trade schools and continuing study programs with a range of costs for almost any budget.

As to the housing in Canada, you will find all different levels of accommodation. I'm sure there are flea traps (very low end) everywhere, but for the most part, especially in cities that experience hard winters, the housing is sturdy and weather resistant. It will depend on what you're used to and what your budget is. You can rent anything from a single occupancy room with a shared bath all the way up to houses, fully furnished apartments and shared spaces, where you would have roommates. Affordable housing is one of the biggest challenges in Canada, but Nova Scotia and the other Maritime provinces are more affordable than other places.

Canadians love to shop and they love food. Halifax has a good selection of ethnic food restaurants and a good selection of food in the grocery stores. It is possible to get almost anything you desire year round. The larger the city the truer this is. Clothes, electronics and all matter of merchandise are available, some costing more than others. Even if you're living in a smaller area outside the cities it is fairly easy to get into Halifax by either car or bus to have access to the items that might be harder to find in smaller communities.