Life in Sofia for a family with 2 kids 9 and 6

Hi All,

My husband has been offered a job in Sofia and I am after some info on the town, the life style, stuff to do if we do not speak Bulgarian, overall vibe of the town, is it okay for kids......

We are coming from Hong Kong so it will be slightly different :-) but we have lived in Paris, Ireland also...

We are a Franco -Brit family so looking to make contacts with people in a similar situation.

Many thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to this thread!

Best
Lisa

Hello Lisa and welcome! When are you planning to move exactly?

We are a French family with 2 kids but we are living in Plovdiv not Sofia. We are now here since 2,5 years.

I can give you some advice if you want.

In Sofia there is quite a big community of French people and there is a French lycee. You can find them on internet or through the French e mbassy website I think.

There is also a French association that is organising events, m ums gathering, etc... We are members but from Plovdiv it's difficult for us to join the events. This is called Sofia .

https://www.sofia-accueil.com

!

Thanks for your help but we have decided to move back to France...

Ok alors bon retour et bon courage! Il paraît que le départ d'une expat est aussi dure que l'arrivée... Tu me diras si tu confirmes... Nous on appréhende un peu notre retour l'an prochain.
Bonne continuation.