Husband of English teacher - what are my options

Hey everybody. I really hope this isn't a question that gets asked annoyingly often. Please refer me to the relevant thread if it is.

My wife and I are keen to live in the East for a while and a friend of ours currently living in Ho Chi Minh recommended it as a destination.

We're in our mid/late 30s, professionals and quite adventurous. South Africans living in Ireland for the past 12 months. EDIT: My wife is also a British citizen.

My wife has a university degree and will therefore be able to find work as an English teacher (and a work permit) without much difficulty.

I, on the other hand, do not have a degree. But I'm an IT consultant but I also have a small group of clients for whom I do digital content. Working remotely will not be an issue ay all.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight into how I could do some work remotely while I was there.

Is this something that is heavily policed? If I did some work for my clients while there on a tourist visa am I at risk for being deported?

If this is possible, does one have to do 'border run' in order to remain in the country?

What about obtaining a student visa? I'm very happy to apply to learn Vietnamese if it'll get me a 12 month visa :)

Thanks
A

Will you be working and getting paid by an entity not based here in VN, if so then it's not a problem people do it all the time.. Try and get the one year DN visa, but as with most things here the visa laws change by the month.

Thanks Colin.
Yeah I'll be paid by clients in South Africa and the US into my Irish bank account via PayPal and bank transfer.
I'm also wondering if there are other ways to do this. Maybe set up a company in Vietnam or something to get that Visa.

If you set up a company here you will need to have a VN name on the license and liable for tax. My advice is to keep doing it the way you are.