Old men with young Vietnamese wives/girlfriends

Than you very much. You replied this very well!👍

gulshan555 :

this reality i am in my 60+ widower since i was 40  having had many girlfriends... but marriage is another issue   while the going is good enjoy it...why commit to a long term relationship...move on!

I for one, don't really see a difference. It's more about the relationship and what each partner wants and needs. In my 50 years of sexual relationships, other issues are far more dominate than age difference and in fact, the one time I had a girlfriend who wanted more sex than I, she was older.

It's what you make it. If you think it will be an issue, it will be an issue.

Maggiemac :

So is the ex-pat community in VN full of men married to VN women?  Are there many western women there, as a decision to live in VN would be based on forming female and, to a lesser extent, male friendships.  Not being able to speak Vietnamese will limit my ability to form strong friendships with locals so other Westerners would be important for me.

@Gobot did share some good ideas and thoughts.

This is the first place I've lived overseas, where I was not able to speak the language.  For me since, living with and like the locals is 99% of why i like living or traveling overseas, I would not be in Vietnam unless I could learn the language enough to get by or in my case, I have a GF to lead me around by the nose.

Maggiemac :

So is the ex-pat community in VN full of men married to VN women?  Are there many western women there, as a decision to live in VN would be based on forming female and, to a lesser extent, male friendships.  Not being able to speak Vietnamese will limit my ability to form strong friendships with locals so other Westerners would be important for me.

There are certainly a lot more men than women among the expats in VN.  For obvious reason, most of the men (even married men whose spouses stay behind in their home countries) form relationships with VN women in one form or another.

I've often seen Western women in groups that were made up mainly of Vietnamese women.  They all spoke English with a few Vietnamese words thrown in here and there.

hi guys i am reading and laugh at some post for my humble experience in Vn i have seen many couples with huge age gap mine is 14 years diff my wife and .I guess men realize that vn women that says "we dont like vn men , we dont care about age its just a number .... " Guy you clearly understand what doest mean we dont like vn men WHY coz vn men will not give you money to support your relatives vn men will take your phone and will check who do u texting , i like older men WHY coz you have been working many years save a huge amount of money in the bank for us 2-300$ is nothing for them money to live whole month vn men are not stupid at all and all vn women tricks wont pass through them Vn is all about money i love you i miss you mean : man new bills are coming come back home to pay them . I am married for a country girl far from bars and clubs but its still the same .Guys never forget that vn is protecting vn citizen and Law is always with them buying a house or land its a gambling she can kick you out any time and the court will say she is right so my advice is u guys can love eachother but 0 cash in hand new motobike and new iphone full fridge thats all i have seen many guys giving salary to vn girls 1000$ for me its crazy she wants to support her family she can goes to work vn salaries are 6-10 tr (500$)

Mihail is right. Many of them choose foreign or expat men due to financial needs.