Tax system question

This is the first year in which I am required to file a tax declaration in Israel. Many Israelis are under the impression that individuals don't file tax declarations, because it is true that most people don't have to. However, some people do, and this question is directed at those who understand the system. Please do not recommend that I go to a professional accountant; I have the details for a good accountant, but I want to understand as much as possible about the system before consulting (and paying) him. So, here goes. In my case, the procedure is the following: at the beginning of 2016, I filled in the Form (Tofes) 101, gave it to the employer. In a couple of months, my employer will give send me Form 106. If I don't have anything to add, or do not wish to claim a return, or the government does not explicitly ask you to file a declaration, the process ends here. However, if one does need to file, one fills out an "annual report", mostly with data from the 106, and sends this annual report and Form 106 in to the Tax Authority. So, here is my primary question: how do you call this "annual report"? (In Hebrew.) Even better: does anyone also know the number of the Form?

There is a secondary, less important question. I am also wondering whether there is a separate form (I have the site on which all the forms are available, but there are 18 pages of them) that will allow me to quote the amount of tax I pay to the US tax authorities to get this amount deducted from the amount I pay to the Israeli authorities. (This is their version of avoidance of double taxation.) If anyone knows, please let me know that.

Thanks in advance, toda raba.

Hi,

While I can't help you as it's all greek to me & I haven't filed myself yet, so I recommend you go onto FB on a very large group & ask. You will get tons of answers, most aren't correct, but some will be & this will give you a better understanding.

There's also a FB group that is just for taxes & expats & I've seen several Olim in there amazingly, so it may be a good idea to post in there as well.

Let me know if you want me to send you the names of the groups.

Michal

Thanks, learning2016. I posted my questions on FB, and only got very unhelpful answers. One of them was Anglo-List. But yes, send on the groups on taxes that you know that communicate in English, thank you, and I will check them out.
I think a relevant form is Form 135, but I'm not sure yet.

I have received more answers from other sources (not FB), and the answer to my first question is indeed Form 135, available on https://taxes.gov.il/English/Pages/FormsEng.aspx. I am still working on the answer to my second question.

That wasn't the group I was talking about. That's a very small group.

The more people in the group, the greater the odds of you or anyone getting the right answer since everyone here loves to claim they know what they are saying, but they usually don't :  (

Here's the tax group & yes it's for the US, but like I said, there's Olim here in Israel on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/952367774780623/

HTH

Thanks, learning2016! Looks like a good group; I have just sent in my request to join it.

n/p

Hope someone there helps you :  )