Marriage to Vietnamese woman

Hello to all, I only have one question. Can I get all paperwork for marriage done in country?

The usual question is like "I am a foreigner and I want to marry a Vietnamese" but your question is missing a lot of details that will be unproductive to guess. A good start is to search the forum, this has been covered many times before, then come back with specifics!  :top:

Search the HCMC forum, there is lots more stuff there, or
search the Saigon forum

ps. Marriage laws changed January 2016 so ignore older threads

AFAIK yes you can but you might find more info on your county's consulate or embassy web site.

I can not think of anything that can not be done in country except that which pertains to you e.g. if you have been divorce you must provide a certified version of your divorce decree.

Hi Love-broke-me. My brother in law (British) and sister (Vietnamese) met each other and got married in England last two years. All the paperwork was done in England. So I bet the answer should be "Yes" in your country. Talk to someone in the city council where you live to make surer. Good luck.

Michael,

As a fellow American the answer is yes if speaking of Vietnam. I was married in Bac Lieu almost 7 years ago. There is a process including a mental check (no joke). Through out the whole process it was expected I pay graft money. After all was submitted to the local authorities there is a meeting set up with six locals and the couple. My experience was the worst of my life. Both women and men were screaming at my bride and it took all I had to hold back  from using them all as mops. They denied us (even with some graft). We were living in Shanghai at the time so it was a real pain to return for a new meeting. With some assistance I had to meet one of the office employees way out in a rural area and had provided several thousand USD to make this happen. The good news is the next day all was good and we were accepted for marriage. The bad news...I have not forgotten who they are.

Good Luck

In 1973 I was married in Viet Nam. At that time, I had very good connections and the Village Chief had brought the Village Record book to Saigon for me to sign when I got in From Japan. Everything was done over lunch. Getting certified copies and stuff took a bit longer.

Not, the same Viet Nam. Not the same good connections.