RELOCATION ...

We are from South Africa , Johannesburg , ( INDIAN FAMILY ) , looking to relocate  to Mauritius , with plans to set up business. Currently I am looking to buy out an existing  operating business there, then to build into my own plans ...

Our experience is in and around the motor industry , with great link to importing  of aftermarket motor spare parts ...

We would currently appreciate any assistance to links  of anyone who knows of small to medium companies for sale ..... that will get us in the door way ...

We will plan the rest accordingly ....

Hi Neran

Your post mentions several areas. In which industry sector are you planning to invest ?  The motor industry is a good sector but I fear authorities might not let you enter this industry, unless you bring something innovative. (I have my idea of what's required here).

The aftermarket industry is mostly constituted of small local businesses. Government's philosophy is to avoid unfair competition to locals. Nothing  prevents you to open a shop,for example...the difficulty will lie in obtaining a residency permit out of it. The key to a residency permit in such an industry is 'innovation'. You need to present something that no Mauritian provide.

Dear Mr Nadeem , thank you kindly for your reply and info...

currently we have good strong links with manufacturers so  we can offer great pricing and quality products , our planning is to set up a bulk wholesale facility to be able to offer these small local shops , thus improving their supply and benefits ..

i also have interest in spare for tractors , earth moving and machinery , I being hopeful to get a temporary permit shortly after my meeting at the embassy ...

my plans might take a bit of time to generate income , so , we are in the market to buy a established business right now to get the ball rolling and generate some living income there ... ( pub , restaurant, take away , taxis, petrol station )  just something to rotate some living expenses ...

you can share any private ideas to me on my personal e-mails as well..

again , thank you , really appreciate the communications ...

Moderated by Jaisan 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not put your personal information on the forum for your own security. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct