Help! Help!Help!

:)Please can someone help What is Life like in Adelaide? Iam a joiner/carpenter my wife is an employment adviser.We are both 37. We have 3 wee girls aged 11,8 and 3 and we are keen to make the move to oz. Can someone tell us is Adelaide the place to start looking. Is it family friendly, what are the schools like? whats the fishing like? any feed back would be greatly appreciated.:D:D:D:D

Hi!
We have migrated 12 years ago from Switzerland to Adelaide. Our two girls were 3 and 4 years old at the time. To be honest, I think that was the best thing we could ever done! Adelaide is very family friendly. The people are also very friendly and welcoming. We love it here very much. The only thing what I did not expect was that summers are very hot and winters can get quite cool. It is not so much outside, but in the houses it feels much colder than we were used to in Switzerland. The houses are not so good insulated and so it can be sometimes quite cooler. But other than that, Adelaide is very good! The schools are also great (sorry, I only know about the private schools not the public ones). Sorry, I cannot help you in regards the fishing, but we have friends who go fishing so I assume it is okay. Hope it helped a bit. In regards to immigration check out the website http://www.immi.gov.au/ . I hope this helped you a little bit. Kind regards, Alexandra

lushdesert wrote:

Hi!
We have migrated 12 years ago from Switzerland to Adelaide. Our two girls were 3 and 4 years old at the time. To be honest, I think that was the best thing we could ever done! Adelaide is very family friendly. The people are also very friendly and welcoming. We love it here very much. The only thing what I did not expect was that summers are very hot and winters can get quite cool. It is not so much outside, but in the houses it feels much colder than we were used to in Switzerland. The houses are not so good insulated and so it can be sometimes quite cooler. But other than that, Adelaide is very good! The schools are also great (sorry, I only know about the private schools not the public ones). Sorry, I cannot help you in regards the fishing, but we have friends who go fishing so I assume it is okay. Hope it helped a bit. In regards to immigration check out the website http://www.immi.gov.au/ . I hope this helped you a little bit. Kind regards, Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,thankyou kindly for taking the the time to reply. I have friends who recently came back from 6 months working in Perth. They too said that it can be cold. I think there could be work for me straight away insulating peoples houses :) Thanks again Your reply has been helpful.

Hello!!
We have come to Adelaide 2 years ago and love it so much!!
I think it is the best place for kids (our is turning 3 soon) as it is so peaceful here, lots of parks and playground and so much nature around. My daughter is at home with me so I can't tell you much about the child care services or schools (she's too little anyway...) but we do enjoy a lot of other activities for kids - kindergym, music classes, library activities, playgroups and more. Lots of them are free or for a very small fee.
I do hear schools are good, especially around where we live (Burnside).
My husband enjoys fishing here a lot, basically all over SA. We go crabbing almost once a month at the closest beach (Henley beach - about 10kms from where we live) and fishing mostly when camping (rock fishing, rivers and lakes).

Feel welcome to get in touch if you have further questions!

Good luck with your decision!!
Galit

Hi priyabahl9!

I would suggest you to start a new thread on the Adelaide forum for better visibility!

Regards
Armand

If you have to pick a place in Australia for raising kids then the first name comes in to mind is Adelaide not only it is peaceful place but its crime free also. So don't hesitate and come to Adelaide.