Looking for furnished apartment in Santiago

Hello all,
I am trying to establish myself in Santiago and want stay there for a month (February). I always use HomeAway, Airbnb, and Hotel.com for short term stays. I realized that for a one month stay that these sites do not offer great rates (for my budget). I have researched on Corotos and found a few options, but I am reluctant to go through with securing an apartment because one realtor in particular wanted me to send him the entire months fee in advance. I like to have everything set before arriving next month but I'm not sold on sending a realtor money through western union and arriving to have no place to stay. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Hello Cletis007,

I'd never send money in such a case, not even 500 pesos. I personaly would like to check the place myself, it could not correspond to the pictures shown, there might be water, electricity or plumbing issues. Take care of the neighborhood (noise etc...).

I'd would settle for a few days in an hotel first and take the time visit different places.

Good luck and take care!
Best regards.

I would say exactly the same!!!

Yep I agree as well. 

Bob K

Hi

I`m living in Santiago for more than 16 years and I have some business here so maybe I could help you

I will send you more infos tonight

Best regards

Thank you, and I will do exactly that. The pressure tactics won't get to me lol.. I appreciate the advice.