Errata Corrige - Moving to Hanoi April 2017

i all,

my boyfriend and I will be moving to Hanoi in April 2017.

We will be looking for good areas to live (I will be working in the Bac Tu Liem District). Do you have an idea on where it would be good to find a place?

Also, can you recommend a good letting agent/website where we could look for flats/houses to rent?

It will be our first time in Hanoi so we don't really have an idea on how much we would need to spend. (we are looking for a 2 bed flat/house with outside space, preferably)

On a similar note, my boyfriend is looking for a job. He is electronic/mechanical/testing engineer and English mother tongue. He would like to teach English or Science or other subjects in the first period. Any idea or offer?

Thank you

Best
Grazia & Alex

Hello Grazia ,

Welcome to Expat.com

Here's a list of some real estate professionals in Hanoi : Real estate in Hanoi

You may also browse the adverts listed under the Housing in Hanoi section and eventually drop your own ad there as well.

Feel free to create a detailed cv under the Jobs in Hanoi section to increase your chances of securing a suitable position.

Good luck

Christopher
Expat.com

Hi Christopher, thank you very much for your reply and hints!
Will definitely check the websites you refer to...

thanks
Best
G

Hello Grazia !

If you come to Ha Noi, feel free to contact with me ! Hopefully i can help and advise you how to live comfortably here. Helping people and discovering other cultures are my hobbies :)

Hi Grazia,

Have you already chosen any place to stay in next April?? If not, there are some apartment in Bac Tu Liem you can refer such as: Green star, economy...and rent fee is around 5.ooo.000 - 8.000.000 VND, its equal to 250-400USD/month. Its ideally if you have sone Vietnamese friend to search for you the rent house information on web, because most of these kind of web will be updated in Vietnamese only..

And for your bf, if he wants to get an English teaching job in Hanoi u can visit Hanoi massive jobs on fb. there are plenty updated E teaching job everyday at school or center.

Feel free to ask me if you need helps.. :D

Hope you can have a good settle down here soon.

Trinh