Family outing !

I am in desperate look out for few nice family outing spots like parks, museums, zoo.I have been to few but have come to know thre are plenty in riyadh. Please do share if you have experienced any lately.Also if some one could share any good restaurant from where one can have delicious pakistani food like haleem, chaney, nihari, payey, machli, tikka, kabab etc.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Hassni

Your discussion has been redirected to the Riyadh forum for effective networking.

Regards

Dear Yud, we are already on the riyadh forum, are'nt we !!

Your welcome if you would like to meet plz let me know

i will advice u to start ur own restaurant ,this is the best way to keep yourself near these all delicious dishes.

your well wisher

Restaurants that offer Pakistani foods
AlNauras - off Dadab Road (just 2 doors from French Corner)

Red Onion - on Olaya - close too Hilton Garden Inn

Lasani - behind Sulaiman Habib Clinic (between Olya & King Fahd Road)

Lahori Kaabhaaha - Hara (very well known)

Places to visit

Aviation Museum on East Circular (not far from Granada)

Salaam Park

pakistani/indian restaurants are abundant here..

you will find a few behind the computer market on Olaya, then a lot around lahori khaba...

There are a lot of resorts/theme parks along the Airport highway .. but I have mostly seen locals there.. though entry is open to all..

if you are up for adventure.. sign up with Saudi Safari resort.. its roughly 70 KM out of Riyadh.. and they have regular events every weekend..

SaudiUK wrote:

Restaurants that offer Pakistani foods
AlNauras - off Dadab Road (just 2 doors from French Corner)

Red Onion - on Olaya - close too Hilton Garden Inn

Lasani - behind Sulaiman Habib Clinic (between Olya & King Fahd Road)

Lahori Kaabhaaha - Hara (very well known)

Places to visit

Aviation Museum on East Circular (not far from Granada)

Salaam Park

ahhannn  quite a research

nonz.. i've heard you are quite the MC around here.... why don't you let in the guy on a few upcoming family events..

One thing that I have learnt form experience, its not the Big restaurants that have great food, its the hole int he wall ones.. and every city has its own master chefs. But the problem is that its not a great place to take your family and stuff..

My advice, for "desi/pakistani" food, cook it at home, ;) but since you are in saudi arabia, try out the arabic food joints, try out foods that you wil not get back home. Make your stay here an experience.. :D

But thats me.

There are lots of places to visit in Riyadh, the only problem is that there is very little awareness about them. You can go see Diriyyah, have a BBQ at the elb dam there, go ride the ATV's at thumamah or even better at red sands, there is a resort in Durma called Safari resorts (you could give that a try)...as I said earlier, its quite a list for you to cross out places from.

Redgoblin is right, try najd village for arabic and assaraya for turkish food

try the iskander kabab at assaraya...its different.