Looking for English speaking friends in Mauritius

Looking to meet some new friends ,
Preferably English speaking people .

I've just moved to Mauritius

Hi Jewlz7,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Maybe an introduction will help you to make more friends.
Where are you situated in Mauritius?

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi I living in mon choisy and work in Ebene and am originally from the UK. Up for a beer or coffee if you fancy it

Jewlz7 wrote:

Looking to meet some new friends ,
Preferably English speaking people .

I've just moved to Mauritius

Hi,
You're quite lucky, https://www.expat.com is organising an afterwork by the end of this month here is the link
https://www.expat.com/en/events/africa/ … et-us.html

This will be a great opportunity for you to make some friends/acquaintances

julie1515

hello,

I just moved here too and I am looking to meet new people. maybe discover the Island together?

Hi Guys, I'm also new on the island and looking to meet some expats. Send me a message if anyone would like to meet. :)

Im in Mont Choisy, not far from Grand Bay so a coffee in La Croisette would be good. My tel is *** and Im on whatsapp under ***
Matt

Moderated by Jaisan 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal information in the forum for your own security. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi jewlz, mattie,  wish dreamwalker and novakoff.  If ever u want any help or have a talk, lunch or diner together... am here. I can even show u different cultures of this contry... message me

Looking to getting married and staying there in April . From UK partners Tunisian professional golfer so hoping get work teaching i am after care nanny type jobs .

Hi, I live in the north and run a meet-up group. From the UK, please message me for details :)

Hey maybe you guys can tell us where you hang around so that we can drop in..

Although I'm Mauritian I'm also new on the island....long story... and would be great to discover new places away from the tourist traps. Always ready to scoot around and discover those hidden gems.
Gilbert

Hi there :)

Any luck? I am from South Africa and have been here for 3 months now. Give me a shout if you are ever keen to hang out.

Hi all,

I am a Mauritian with a better English than local Creol or French. I would be glad to join a meet-up.

Feel free to catch me on ***

Regards,

Omran Ahmad.

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello I have recently moved from Australia to Mauritius with my husband and two boys.  My husband is Mauritian/South African and we are living in Grand Baie.

HI there :)

Thanks for the reply. How long have you guys been here for? Are you enjoying it so far?

Hi guys,

Please feel free to attend our gathering this afternoon : https://www.expat.com/en/events/africa/ … e-off.html

You will meet some expatriates in Mauritius as well as some members of the Expat.com team members.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

We arrived in December, my husband is from Durban but his family are here in Mauritius.  We are enjoying it very much.  So much to explore on the Island.

Hope by that time you have already made some friends ;)

Hello, im glad to know that you come from east Africa. I also come from the same region and i have been here for 2 years now. We can get in touch.

Hello everyone  i would be very happy to help you all as I am fluent enough to communicate in English  how about many a group chat or something ?

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads for external groups please

Hello Jwelz7,
Greetings of the day!
I also moved to Mauritius recently and looking to meet people from different cultures!
Would be a good idea to catch up with you!

I will be living in Moris starting from end of april.
I will be looking for new friends.
I´m from Germany

Gutten Morgen, Cesar!
Looking forward to see you in Mauritius!

Thank you very much

Welcome from Flic En Flac we have expats coffee and a chat nearly every Saturday at 10:30 Cafe Tidez opposite the beach

Hi Leslie, the coffee n chat is only on Saturdays :( not on Sundays?

Yes as the cafe is closed on some Sundays

Afternoon all!!!!

recently moved Maurice

Hi Leslie,
Is the Expat meet happening this Saturday at Cafe Tidez?

Leslie Jarrett wrote:

Welcome from Flic En Flac we have expats coffee and a chat nearly every Saturday at 10:30 Cafe Tidez opposite the beach

No one turned up last Saturday!!

Hello do contact me... will help u...

pramsham wrote:

Hello do contact me... will help u...

Thanks! please share your contact details

jepsy103 wrote:

hi are u two new to mauritius nice to knw u guys am mauritian

Hello Jepsy!
Yes I am new to Mauritius and looking forward to meet people, to make friends here and learn the culture of this paradise Island!

Hi Guys I am an expat but here for already 9 years. Can meet up and be friends.

We were there last Saturday. Probably you didn't see us. We usually have a Teddy Bear maybe we didn't last time. Next time ask for Patricia or Genevieve.

GENE78 wrote:

We were there last Saturday. Probably you didn't see us. We usually have a Teddy Bear maybe we didn't last time. Next time ask for Patricia or Genevieve.

Thanks Gene, for the update! I shall be there this Saturday @ 10.30am
Looking forward to meet you all!!

Same here. From the states. Second week here living in point aux piment. Looking to meet and socialize.  Not sure if another event is planned.

Hi Virgilio 1,

Every Saturday in Flic en Flac from 10 to 12 English speaking friends meet at Tidez. Everybody's welcome. We were happy to meet Tappan last Saturday.
See you
Geneviève