Vietnam to Issue e-Visa on February 1, 2017 w/ Application Form

wrote:

From the 1st Feb 2017 (TBC), Vietnam will finally introduce the E-visa!

No longer will you have to apply through an agent to get the invitation letter or queue at the airport immigration to receive your visa upon arrival. With this evolution, travellers are able to apply, pay and receive the visa directly from Vietnamese authority through an online portal site (https://visa.mofa.gov.vn).

The whole process will be implemented entirely online. Applicants must have a passport with at least six-month validity. Processing time is three days after payment once your application is approved. The visa will be sent to your email in a PDF file.

At the airport you'll need to show these documents to enter the country:

The printed visa.
Your travel/business schedule in Vietnam.
Health insurance during your trip in Vietnam.

*Further details like pricing and how immigration will handle the crossover for those who have already applied and paid for an agent VOA (or plan to travel in the first few days of Feb) will be announced over the coming weeks.

You can read it about again here and here!

Official e-Visa Application Form HERE

The application allows for a 30 day and 3 month visa.

On behalf of the silent majority, you are now our
new Messiah...     

We worship your wisdom!     

All Hail our new Hero!     :thanks:

Thanks Kupo,
I just had a look at the site..

It did indicate a visa period up to 12 months ,  maybe that's for a different  category other than  Tourist. 
Well soon see when the system opens.

Given that a lot of tourists are covered by their credit cards insurance facility it might be a good idea to print off the policy document or details of the cover incase these guys ask for it. 

I suppose those dudes at the VOA window will be eventually phased out if all the costs including the stamping fee are paid online. 

Good to see the system is improving

Hello
So Can you apply for a 3 month e visa  ??? Which may be further extended
I can only see references to  a 1 month , but perhaps i  am looking at  it incorrectly

And does anybody have information re  extending  an e visa

I am planning  on visiting  Vietnam end  feb  for a period of 3 to  max 12 months , as a tourist (but mabye will relocate  from Thailand)  - and am unsure  what way i should apply

I believe  ( under the  old system )  that for my plans i should  apply for a 3 month  VOA (getting an invitation letter in advance  from  one of the  visa agents)  -- and that Visa can then be extended further   by agents (during the first 3 months)

Or should i apply for a 6 or 12 month  business type visa ( 500 $ approx for 12 m ) ??

But i dont know  how to proceed  with the introduction  of the  e visa

Any  info greatly  appreaciated

Thanks

You're right, MIkaQ5. I was wrong about the 3 month eVisa issuance and am unable to edit the original post to reflect that. A VOA letter is still the way to go if you plan on visiting for visiting for longer than one month.

Countries eligible for Vietnam eVisa - HERE

Official English eVisa Application: HERE

Fee: $25 only - no other fees