Convert VISA in UK

Hello everyone,
I'am Zia, 23 years old. New member in here. Currently living in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am planning to visit UK as a tourist. Is it possible to convert (switching) my tourist VISA to working VISA in UK if I got a job offer while in the UK?
Has anyone ever dealt with similar case? Thank you for sharing.

charismaqueen wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'am Zia, 23 years old. New member in here. Currently living in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am planning to visit UK as a tourist. Is it possible to convert (switching) my tourist VISA to working VISA in UK if I got a job offer while in the UK?
Has anyone ever dealt with similar case? Thank you for sharing.

Hi Zia and welcome to the Forum. :)

At the top of this page, you'll find a link to our Handy Tools section, which contains useful guides on all sorts of things related to moving to the UK.

You haven't been clear as to what your qualifications/experience are, nor what kind of work you will be looking for.  I'm generalising and guessing that you don't have the right to live and work in the UK and probably won't fall into the skilled worker category, so unfortunately no, you will not be able to convert your tourist visa to enable you to work in the UK.

If you follow this link, it will take you to the UK Government website, that depending on your circumstances, will take you through the process.

Unless you are in one of the skilled workers category, you will struggle to find work in the UK; there are some things that take you outside of these rules; rather than repeat them here, you'll find it all on the link I've given you.

If I've misjudged you, by all means come back with further information and I'll try and help you further; whatever, I wish you the best of luck though. :)

The UK is being super tough on immigration at the moment with the problems regarding the refugee crisis in Europe. Unless you have a desired skill it is increasing difficult to get a work visa.

On tourist vise , you can not switch to any other category with in UK.....