Get marriage and live at uk

Hi all.... Im indonesian. Im going to marriage with uk citizen and will live at uk. Kindly need help for information and sharing experiance about get marriage and live at uk. Wish someone can help me... Thanks

You will need to apply for a visa, Your fiance should be able to help you with that.

Thanks for your reply...
Anyway, I havent come to uk before, so i can straight away apply for visa marriage? How long i need to stay at uk for arrange marriage there?

The British authorities prefer that you marry in your home country and apply for the spouse visa from there.

But my fiance live in uk not in indonesia...n we want get marriage at uk and live in uk

The UK is experiencing a lot of issues with a public backlash against what is seen as uncontrolled immigration, and that's making life difficult for legitimate people who want to move to the UK for perfectly fine reasons. You'll also note the UK government has been targeting 'easy' cases, totally ignoring their legitimate reasons to enter the UK.
I've personally known of several people who were 100% straight, but were rejected anyway.
Welcome to politics,
The only Indonesians I know of who entered the UK with their English husbands had already been married for several years; one having a baby as well.
I know they had to prove their marriage was legit and both had to do a TOEFL test as well as answer a bunch of questions about how they were going to live.

Hi Hildaa,

Just to back up what has been previously posted; because of previous publicity regarding marriages of convenience, where the couple had no intention of remaining together and were using the system as a way around the strict UK immigration laws, it is now very difficult to do this in the UK.

However, the system does still exist; this link will take you to the relevant UK Government website where it explains the process.

My opinion is that if speed is of the essence, then your fiancée should travel to Indonesia and you marry there; then apply for your visa, because it is not likely you will be granted a visa to marry and remain in the UK.

Probably not what you want to hear, but hope this helps. :)

Assuming you follow the suggestions to marry in Indonesia, your future husband will need to get a certificate of no impediment from his local registry office and that, along with his birth certificate, legalised in Milton Keynes using their postal service.

https://www.get-document-legalised.serv … ct-service

Info just in case your plans have to change.

That is also what I meant - you go to Indonesia with your fiancee and marry there.  Its much easier to do it that way.

My wife is not from the UK and we married in the UK (over 19 years ago).  Even then, it was awkward to apply for her visa via the Home Office.  I know that its more difficult now.  We didn't know any better at the time though.