Work/residence permit for non-EU - your exprience

Hello there,

I am writing to ask for advice from someone with similar experience as mine.

Namely, I have a job offer from a Hungarian company to work for them in Budapest.
However, as a non-EU citizen it turned out to be very challenging to hire me.
The company does not give up on me even though it has been months since I got the offer.
They need me for my specific language skills and previous relevant work experience - which has been proved to the labor office i.e. I am not stealing anyone's job here.

I have submitted my application in early October 2016 and I got rejected in late November on the basis that "my certificates and qualifications are not mandatory for the job being advertised" -which is absolutely not the case as they are. I had 8 days to appeal, which I did, but after a month there is still no decision.

I have heard that the whole procedure lasts about 3 months tops, but this is taking longer. I am afraid I cannot wait much longer.

Has anyone had a similar experience - how long does it usually take to reach a decision after submitting an appeal? Some immigration officers say 15 days while other up to 3 months.
Moreover, while there is such procedure - is the 90/180 days rule valid or it stops counting?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Natasha

Natasha Basha wrote:

I have submitted my application in early October 2016 and I got rejected in late November on the basis that "my certificates and qualifications are not mandatory for the job being advertised" -which is absolutely not the case as they are. I had 8 days to appeal, which I did, but after a month there is still no decision. ...

Why doesn't the company just rewrite the advert to make sure you are only one who can fulfil the qualification criteria?

I thought there was an EU initiative to allow workers from FRY countries to work in the EU if the countries are in the process of accession to the EU.  I don't know any details but this used to exist for Romania and Bulgaria and I think it also works for FRY countries. I am assuming you are from Macedonia (based on your profile location).

I received a residence permit only because my husband has a Dutch passport. However i am not allowed to work in Hungary at all. I will not attempt to apply for a work visa as I have no special skills but I do know all countries jealously guard their jobs and reserve jobs for local people and make it extremely hard for foreigners to obtain employment. In my younger days I also tried obtaining employment abroad without success. If you are not an EU citizen you are nothing, thats what I experienced even though I own a property in Budpest, it was all about my husband and his EU passport even though I have my own financial monthly income, own a property, have my own medical insurance etc