Apartment rentals in Puerto Plata

Hello to all "expats".   I've been living in Rio de Janeiro for the past four years.  As I'm in my last 60's, I'm looking to relocate closer to the US.  I've spent a total of two days in Santiago, two weeks in Sosua and one day of sightseeing in Puerto Plata. I would like to relocate to Puerto Plata within the next several months and would like leads on where to look for a one or two bedroom apartment under $500.  Internet is a must an I do enjoy quite living at night.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums. When looking for long term rentals "boots on the ground" is the best way to go.  I would rent a hotel for a week or so and then start looking around for apts in the area you want to live in.

Bob K

Thanks Bob K, boots will be on the ground in July

Make them open air boots because it will be HOT!!!!

Bob K

Bob you are too funny. Welcome to the forums,  Bob is right, boots on the ground.

I lived 7 years in Puerto Plata,  you won't have too many issues with the price of apartments but make sure to really check them out for noise!!!!  Internet is not an issue either.

What you have never seen open air boots.... I call them Crocs :D:D:D:D:D:D

Bob K

Ok so they are not really boots but they are basically the only shoe my now fat feet (thanks to no shoes for 9+years ) fit into.  You should see me walking around New Jersey in the snow with my Crocs when I go visit my mom

Bob K

I am sure you get a few stares.

A few stares and a lot of head shakes :D

Bob K

Did someone mention "noise"? I can't sleep unless I hear loud, crazy ass music, all the neighborhood dogs barking, horses running down the street every hour after midnight AND cars and motorbikes blazing down the street. Ah tranquility is becoming one with the noise!

Hahahaha   that is funny dreamtime....

I  realize this is an old discussion in 2011. However I wondered if this is still the same now in 2018. The leader of the talks said there was a 3 bedroom apt available for the monthly rent of about 260 American dollars.  Can you tell me how to find that or a phone number or address ?

Welcome to the  forums.  Sorry this is highly unlikely now.

I am sure those who know of apartments currently available will post.

https://www.waverider-apartments.com/

Contact Ralph at this link.  He definitely has what you need, and a great guy to deal with...come and join us in paradise.

raymond

These are in Cabarete and the question is for Puerto Plata. Are these your rentals?