Studying in Puerto Rico

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Puerto Rico?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Puerto Rico?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

They must know Spanish if studying in UPR. Fairly inexpensive per credit hour. Rates are going up as the university will be getting less from the goverment but it will still be a steal.

My daughter doesn't study yet but she hopefully will in 2 years.
I read an online article about the Universities here some time ago andnit was written, that the quality of education is getting down.
I could imagine, that this is true since money is missing everywhere in the education system.
I still think we got some pretty good Professors here, some are from foreign countries like Germany or France.

Are you talking about college? All PR universities are credential in the mainland. Lots of states reclute  professionals in the island, specially teachers.

IF you are an engineering student, there is almost no better place in the US than UPR in Mayaguez all in spanish with english text books.  American university has good programs, and is in English.  Other than that you might consider staying in US