Studying in Cambodia

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Cambodia?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Cambodia?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Hi,
I am currently in Cambodia working as a nursery teacher.  I got my qualifications in Ireland before leaving, I wouldn't know very much about studying here for a semester although it is a beautiful country with lovely people and amazing opportunities that I definitely think everyone should try to visit at some point.

Hi,
I am currently in Cambodia working as a nursery teacher.  I got my qualifications in Ireland before leaving, I wouldn't know very much about studying here for a semester although it is a beautiful country with lovely people and amazing opportunities that I definitely think everyone should try to visit at some point.

Cambodia has a diabolical reputation for education standards. Apart from two well known "International Schools" (don't they love bantering those two words around), I wouldn't waste your time.

I would certainly not recommend studying in Cambodia. The academic level is so poor in state schools that universities can't be good . One of the supposed best one is RUPP (Royal university of Phnom Penh). I have a Khmer goddaughter who studied psychology there and for a while I helped her with her homework in the evening. In her fourth year she didn't even know the meaning of the word "motivation".
I have another goddaughter who studied midwifery at Life university (Corean) in Sihanoukville. She seemed a little better but after 4 years she obviously didn't know half of what a student in western countries is expected to know. And beware of universities such as Norton or Bill Bright. They are very good at taking money from Khmer people but the level is extremely poor. I had teachers from my NGO studying there and it was a  catastrophee.
Cost of most universities : $ 400/ 500 per year.

Sorry, in my last post I meant Build Bright and not Bill Bright university.

I hope this was a computer generated question. As infamous as the education system and schools, universities are in Cambodia with their overall lack of overall standards... why would anyone even consider to contemplate  coming here?  In fact all the better students are encourage to leave the country and pursue their education outside Cambodia.
The only learning experience I can foresee here would be graduate research work on the many problem areas present and how they maybe addressed.

Bill Bright would probably be an even better name. And the price will be closer to 400/500 per month rather than per year.

Yes it was computer generated. You can see it by the poster's post history.

All of the above negative evaluations are unfortunately correct.  I could suggest RUPP only if you were majoring in Cambodian in your home country.  The so-called universities are not even equal to junior colleges or grade 13 in The US.  I know because I have taught in them.  Critical thinking is unknown.  They are simply diploma mills that. care neither for the students nor the faculty.  Money is their Buddha and everyone knows an important connection is more impressive than academic achievement.

You're quite right, Jeffgeo

Hello,

I am Mom Varin, School Director of Asia-Pacific Fredfort International which is a candidate of IB PYP (afisedu.com). Cambodia is a pretty country where I recommend you to stay and study here.

Good Luck!

Mom Varin
School Director of Fredfort

". Cambodia is a pretty country where I recommend you to stay and study here."

I rest my case.

LOL  :lol:

Hello i am cambodia people, but cambodia wondeful natural country.

:one