Studying in Belize

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Belize?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Belize?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

I did a study abroad here almost 21 years ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The country is small enough to see o lot of it in a semester. It is wildly biologically diverse and incredibly culturally diverse for a country this size. It's beautiful and warm and friendly and relaxed.

you dont do to belize for scholastic studies.

katzgar wrote:

you dont do to belize for scholastic studies.

Huh??

Monkey Town brew wrote:

I did a study abroad here almost 21 years ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The country is small enough to see o lot of it in a semester. It is wildly biologically diverse and incredibly culturally diverse for a country this size. It's beautiful and warm and friendly and relaxed.

I am curious...what were you studying?

It was an ecology and anthropology blend. I believe the title was cultural and environmental anthropology. We studied the watershed concept, so mountain headwaters, major rivers running through the Savannah and jungle, caves, River mouths and beaches, and then reef and cayes. You get the whole package here. Culturally, you have wide variety, and of course, also the ruins. So I vehemently disagree this is not a place to study. Just ask the people making crazy cash working with students. If you haven't learned anything here, you might want to get out more.

You are misrepresenting what I said that's dishonest

Monkey Town brew wrote:

If you haven't learned anything here, you might want to get out more.

:D  The key word is "here".  ;)  Google is great, but it is no substitute for "Boots on the ground."

The language spoken in Belize is English. Belize has a medical college that participates with other countries in practical rotations with participating hospitals. Belize is not considered an educational mecca. It is a tropical country with a small population, mostly rural and economically stressed. The people are lovely and the country could not be more beautiful. I am not sure that the medical college is properly accreddited. Before planning on enrolling, more research would be advisable.

:heart:

Cost effectiveness is the main reason to study here but....

Greater advanced knowledge, teaching tools, and techniques is best acquired in major developed countries like England, US, Ireland,
China and Japan.

Cheap is good, but advanced knowledge is much more uplifting and propelling.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Belize is a beautiful field for field studies and experiential learning about archaeology, ecology, geology, oceanography, botany, anthropology, etc. So, if that's what you're looking for, this is a rich place to learn. If you're more interested in classrooms, labs, or technology, this is probably not the spot.

That's true. :heart: