Studying in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Would you recommend studying abroad in Bahrain?

Every year, 4 million young people from all over the world choose to study abroad for one semester or a full academic year. Would you encourage them to come and study in Bahrain?

In your opinion, what are the most prestigious colleges and universities in the country/area? Are these free of charge? If not, are tuition fees expensive? Are there many foreign students enrolled in these schools/colleges/universities? What is the main language of instruction at the university?

Thank you in advance for sharing!
Priscilla

Hi,

I think nobody can answer these questions better than me lol

I'm living in France, i'm doing my master's in IT,  we have to study abroad for 2 semesters, so i chose to study in Bahrain, i didn't know much about bahrain

The university name is Ahlia university, it's in Gosi mall in hoora, 1st when i saw that the university was in a shopping mall it's was funny.

So About the study and the university:
The course is in english, we had Arabic course for beginners, Professors are from Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt or Bahrain, few are from europe, america, but i never had classes with them. For me there was a huge difference between France n Bahrain, for exemple they still use CDs to give their assignments, some professors are not that good in english, mostly they only read Pdfs, few were really good professors, but overall everyone in the university was really nice, very helpful.

University is expensive, but as compared to USA it's cheaper, i think if i'm not wrong
1 course for 1 semester was around 250/350 bd
They also have Phd programme (partnership with British university), so you can get the phd from british university without moving from bahrain, They are building their campus , so in 2018 they will have their own campus?

University of bahrain which is not a private university like Ahlia is very cheaper 

The best part of these 2 semester was Bahrain, and people i met in the country, it was such a great experience, i made a lot of friends,

That's the reason i'm now looking for a job in bahrain, i'm in love with the country, Bahrain may not have the best education system or best Universities but it's one of the amazing country, people are really cool, i don't regret my choice, it was fun to eat to different type of food, Bahrain is small but few places are really great .