Moving to Poland and registereing a company

Dear Polish residents,

This coming spring of 2017 I am planning to move to Poland with my wife (no kids so far). I am going to open a company in Poland and manage it. I have already looked through many threads on this forum to get as much info as possible but I still would greatly appreciate anyone's input to help me understand what to expect.

Here are matters are need your help with:

Company registration. I need legal help in a company registration and getting me a work permit, visa, residence permit and/or anything else I will needed to be my company's director. I myself am a lawyer experienced in all similar matters but in Ukraine. Even though personal experience is valuable, I know that it may vary so I would prefer to discuss this matter with a local lawyer specialized in these matters. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

City to move in. If my company's business goes well, I will need to hire personnel. Mostly I will need young people (20-30 years old), speaking English (other languages are a plus), legal background is a plus. I mean that it would be good to relocate to a city that has universities, institutes, etc. At the same time I do not quite want to live in a large city like Warsaw. I would prefer a quiet city or town with as less traffic and turmoil of life as possible and with as much of clear ecology as possible. I have a car that I am going to bring with me to Poland so I can afford living a few kilometers away from the city. I understand that I want too much… I am just trying to explain you my dream home town to be able to select those that at least somehow match my dream. I understand that my dream and reality may be very different. The priority has to be ease of doing business.

Income. I will be moving with my wife. She is a professional make-up artist so I guess/hope she will be able to earn some money relatively soon. However, I do not plan to rely on my wife's earnings. I read on this forum that a decent monthly income for one person should be PLN 5000.00 net. Expenses understanding is very important as I consider also the Baltic countries for settling down. So I need to have an insight of how much I will spend monthly. I understand that this is very relative and personal. So I am interested in your personal experience in this matter.

Thank you in advance for reading my long post and for any information you will provide!

Hello
I have visited Poland over the last four years, particularly Wroclaw. I also got real friends in Wroclaw, several working within the law. I can really recommend Wroclaw city in every way of what you wish/want. Eventually, I hope with my brothers to start a business there in the near future. We are Swedes living in Stockholm. If you are on Facebook, I can put you in touch with a friend that practis law.
Sincerely Hajfisken

Hi all!
I am a little bit surpized that only one person answered to my initial post. 3 months have passed and I got some information.
I think my company will be registered next week. You may find it useful to know that it is possible to do this online and within 24 hours!
I am using help of a reliable law firm. The guys are specialized in immigration and business immigration, among other things. So let me know and I will be more than happy to share their contacts.
Good luck to all!

Hi,

I am not a foreigner but a Polish person who employs foreigners and has been doing so for over 20 years. I run a language school in Poznań. I know that all the foreigners who worked for the school love Poznań. It's a green city, not too big, a cultural and business centre, with lots of forests and lakes around.Property in Poznan is not too expensive either.
Yes, it is true that you can easily start a company but nevertheless you need a residency card if you are not an EU passport holder.
I have vast knowledge on those matters as I have delay with foreigners  who live  work here. I could talk for hours. Once you are here I can tell you more :)
I wonder which city you have chosen to move into.

Good luck with everything !

kasiafox

rents for 25-30 square meter it is around 1000-1500pln depents conditions of apartment.
register company cost 3000pln to 8000pln.... if you find right company or person,you can save that
foods are not expensive there.

With legal company,you can get the visa and stay permits.
It request to hire local peopel and paying tax after you run your company.

I just move to poland too :)

KasiaFox wrote:

Hi,

I am not a foreigner but a Polish person who employs foreigners and has been doing so for over 20 years. I run a language school in Poznań. I know that all the foreigners who worked for the school love Poznań. It's a green city, not too big, a cultural and business centre, with lots of forests and lakes around.Property in Poznan is not too expensive either.
Yes, it is true that you can easily start a company but nevertheless you need a residency card if you are not an EU passport holder.
I have vast knowledge on those matters as I have delay with foreigners  who live  work here. I could talk for hours. Once you are here I can tell you more :)
I wonder which city you have chosen to move into.

Good luck with everything !

kasiafox

Hi Kasia,
Thank you for your answer and offer of assistance! It always sounds reassuring when you are going to move to a new country (read to change your life radically) and find out there open and sincere people willing to make you adjustment easier.
Another member of this forum from Poznan (Adam) helped me with his kind advice and suggested settling down in Poznan. Unfortunately I have to start from Krakow and maybe will have to move to Gdansk.
I already hired a good law firm in Krakow. Our company must be registered next week and they will start the process of getting me my visa, work and residence permits.
Anyway, Kasia, thank you for your input. I would like to talk to you more about your language school if you do not mind. I will contact you a little bit later. Best wishes!

welcome6271 wrote:

rents for 25-30 square meter it is around 1000-1500pln depents conditions of apartment.
register company cost 3000pln to 8000pln.... if you find right company or person,you can save that
foods are not expensive there.

With legal company,you can get the visa and stay permits.
It request to hire local peopel and paying tax after you run your company.

I just move to poland too :)

Hi, welcome6271! Thank you for your input!
Our lawyers in Krakow charged us 2000 PLN for registration of a company. Moreover, I must say that we have been discussed with them different options of doing this for around 3 weeks. And they patiently tried to explain all peculiarities. I also contacted 2 other law firms and they just provided their quotations. I asked them for some questions but got no answer. Having being a corporate lawyer myself for around 11 years I find this as a poor client oriented service. They want me to register a company without understanding what I will get after that. I mean it is not a problem to register a company, the problem is to run it after that. So before taking such a decision a person should have understanding of important legal consequences.
I see you moved to Warsaw. If I happen to be in Warsaw I will let you know. If you visit Krakow someday, let me know.

Hello Greykytiv
Im interested to know how does your law works for you.
Im right now in Amsterdam and will be in warsaw next week.
Do you have any online contact?
If it is possible,i would you communicate with you online

Thank you!

Lucas

welcome6271 wrote:

Hello Greykytiv
Im interested to know how does your law works for you.
Im right now in Amsterdam and will be in warsaw next week.
Do you have any online contact?
If it is possible,i would you communicate with you online

Thank you!

Lucas

Hi Lucas,
I will send you the link to their website via a private message. So check out your PM inbox.

Hey,GreyKyiv
Thank you for that.Im very interested with that :)

Hi.

My name is Waheed a businessman from Pakistan having branch offices in west african countries of Cote d Ivoire  and Ghana.

I want to register a company in Poland and want to get residence permit so if you can share me the details of law firm which do it online and on which we can rely.

My email is *** and whatsapp no is +***.

Thanks and Regards

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed + register in the business directory

Hi,
Hope you are doing good.

Appreciated if you kindly share the link too..  I am also planning to move and open a business.

Thank you.

Khairul.

It is still worth to take care of it. Even if it is going to take a bit of work from you. There are many beautiful cities and places, which you can find in Poland. A primary example? Gdańsk one of the most beautiful cities in the country just check this site to see what I mean: http://visitgdansk.com/weekends-in-gdansk . As you can see, there are many attractions in this city. However, Gdansk is not the only place in Poland which you can check. Example might be Wroclaw, Warsaw, Cracov etc. Definitely worth to check it.

Dear Polish Residents
We need a competent Legal Advocate who can provide legal advice to us about the legal procedures required to open our branch in Poland of our sole-proprietorship (Einzelunternehmen) logistics company in Germany.
-The company is  registered in Germany.
-The company legal form Einzelfirma –(sole proprietorship) https://wwkn.de/en/about-german-legal-f … ernehmern/
- The year of operation of our main company is 2007.
- There are 10 transport vehicles registered on the company.
- The status of the company is sole-proprietorship. (Einzelunternehmen)
-The company has the necessary licenses and certifications to work.
-The company has about 12 employees.
-The company has not been exposed to tax problems and any illegal processing.
-The person who owns the company is a German citizen.
-The company's main objective in Poland is for future investment.
-The company is allowed to have legal offices and employees at the place where it is desired to operate economically in Poland.
-We can start operations by January 2018 as we do clarify the opening of the branch and the response of the questions.

Questions;

Q1-Can open a branch in Poland the sole-proprietorship  status  company?

Q2-How much capital does the branch have to show for the start of the activity?

Q3-Can a person with an identity outside the European Association in the branch work as a worker and, if yes, what is the procedure? 

Q4-Can a worker (driver, etc.) registered in a Polish branch with a permit and work permit can use the vehicles registered in the German company?

Q5-Can the branch apply for a person who has an identity other than the European Association, a residence permit or work permit  for work in the branch?

Q6-How much time is needed to open the branch?

Q7-What is the total amount of your attorney's and service fees?

Note: The main reason for our company to open a branch in Poland is to legalize Turkish citizens to Drive our trucks in Germany. Because there is a problem in finding a driver who will work permanently in the company in Germany.
The branch will continue to invest in Poland in the future.
The people who  want to work as a Truck driver in the branch are Turkish citizens.
The trucks are registered with the German company.
I would like to hear your answer and help.
Best Regards..