New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are relocating to the Treviso region later this year.  I've been reading the forum for the past two weeks or so, but now that the move has been confirmed I thought I should introduce myself.

We are Australian, but I have British citizenship and have employment already lined up.  It will be good to make connections and start this next chapter in our lives.  Hope to meet some people from this forum when we get there!!

We are looking in towns such around Treviso and San Dona di Piave.  I've already had some contact with forum members who have been so generous and helpful - I only hope I can return the favour at some stage in the future.

ARIAM13 wrote:

Hi )
I am expat in Bologna ...
looking for new friends  and will be happy to  attend some expat meetings!

You are welcome! I live in Brescia. maybe we could meet. what do you think?

dorianpirani wrote:

Hi,
I just Moved here in Milan from London , I been a security Consultants for the last 16 years and travel a lot... But now i want to find some peace :)
I would like to get to know some English speaking people who lives here in Milan
Anybody please get in touch

Thanks

yes, you are most welcome! i live in Brescia.

Hello.  I am in the interview process at a new company (American) that would have me move to Torino for three years.

I speak Italian and lived there for a couple of years about 18 years ago.  I am very excited about the possibility, but, if I'm being realistic, it probably won't work out.  I have 4 kids from age 5 to 14, so that would be pretty tough. 

I have lots of questions, so I joined the forum to get some insights from your experiences.

Hi. Saw your post. I have been living in Italy for a year now (from uk) living in Saronno which is a 20 min train journey to Milan central. When are you moving? I also know limited Italian but you have an advantage in that your girlfriend is Italian. If you want to chat let me know.
Ben

Hi. I live just outside Milan (Saronno). Happy to chat

Hello to everyone! My name is Katarina, i'm coming from Serbia, Belgrade where i've meat love of my life and now my housband an italian with who i'am living now in Italia,Genova. I would be really happy to meet some expat persons and make some friendships in Genova

Hi I am Rossella italian living in Milan for the moment,wish to relocate abroad as I still live close to Milan would love to meet expatriates over here and share some nice moments together for a cocktail or a night in a club.Feel free to write me,wishing to know many of you.

Hi Denise welcome to Milan,if you want to know someone new here I am feel free to write me

Katarina I am from Milan but had a very nice friend in Belgrade and would love to add another serbian friend,I have been in Belgrade on Jan 2017 feel free to write me

would like to know u if u want feel free to write me back

hey roxyrock ., feel free to chat with me

Hello I am hussain

Hi,

My family and I are relocating to Bologna from Geneva this summer for an academic post.  We love Italy and are and we are looking forward to connect with members of this forum.

We are American citizens and have been living in Geneva for the past year.  We are very excited about starting this new phase of our lives but are feeling a little overwhelmed with the logistics.

Could anyone kindly refer me to a trusted real estate or relocation agent in the area?  I could really use some help finding a place in Bologna and processing the necessary paperwork for a residential permit.

Cheers,

Gabriel

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure how many people are still active on this thread, but I thought I would give it a shot by posting on here to introduce myself :)
My name is Holly and my husband and I move to Italy from the States last July and will be here for roughly 4 years (possibly more if we enjoy it enough!) We haven't been able to travel as much as we have wanted to, but plan on doing a lot more traveling this coming fall. So far we have traveled locally (we live roughly 30 minutes from Venice) and we were able to visit France back in February, so we've had a little taste of Europe so far, but still have so much more to experience!
I have joined this website to hopefully meet new friends and completely experience the European culture. We are both in our mid to late twenties and do not have children just yet, so this is our opportunity to travel as much as we can before we have children.

Can't wait to hear from you guys and I'm excited to meet some new people!

Cheers!
-Holly

Hello!
I'm an Interior designer from Romania and I'm moving to Venezia very soon (one month I hope). I'm looking for a job in Interior Design. At the beggining of July I will be there to look for the job, and after that, as soon as I find a job i will move.

I love Venice, I'm learning Italian, I like to study Interior Design related things, psichology and self development and I'm sure will be a very nice experience living there.

Hello Everyone,
My name is Parastoo and it's around 6 months since i have moved to Italy for work.
(Hmmmm .... where the time's gone !!!)
I live in Monza, very close to Milano.

I would be happy meeting new friends.
I have been pretty much busy this past 6 months with working and settling down, it's time to fix my social life a bit ;p

Not speaking much of Italian but I'm learning and I am enjoying it :)

Hello!

As soon as I read your reply, I just had to respond! I went to school for interior design (wasn't able to finish and get my degree, but still hope to go back for it eventually!) Any way, I absolutely loved it! I think it's awesome that you're an interior designer and wanting to move to Venice. I really hope that works out for you! I'm currently in the states visiting family, but will return to my home in Italy in August. It all goes well with your job search and you move to Venice, feel free to message me!

Hi guys,

I am Kathy from Indonesia. And new in Italy (Milano) I will spend couple of months here.
Looking for friends and will be great to attend some expats meetings

Cheers :)

ciao all I'm George. am coming to Florence for 5 days next friday July 14th. travelling on my own just wanting to do some sight-seeing, photography and take in some culture too! I know the main places I'll be going -the usual touristy places - and I'm going to go the cinque terre too but any off the beaten path/not so well-known suggestions of places to see, great views of the city, nice bars with english speaking people, unusual things to do would be appreciated. Grazie

i would be happy to meet u living close to monza we are very close

Ciao ... Mi chiamo Michel ...mi piacerebbe tanto visitare l'Italia ma sinceramente non ci la faccio perché non ho tanti soldi .. ma quello non mi frega infatti.. Mi interessa molto avere degli amici dall'Italia ... così pratico la lingua italiana ... Scherzo sempre ... Scambio informazioni delle culture sia in Egitto o in Italia ... Sinceramente mi sinto che sono da solo questi giorni ... E sto cercando di fare almeno qualche chiacchierate su l'internet ... Essere da solo non é sempre buono...😏

thanks i'll bear that in mind not sure of my plans just yet ;-)

Hi there,
My husband and I bought a house in Ceserana a few years ago with a view to moving over permanently. My husband lost his job and our plans have been put on hold for now.
I spend lots of time in italy and would like to make friends with anyone nearby and ultimately I would like to find a job and complete our move asap
We are both in our 50's very young at heart, we enjoy a glass or 2 .. good food and are snowboarders, walkers and love life in Tuscany 😎

Hello All

I am new to Rome, living with my Italian partner, and looking to explore Rome, and Italy.  Looking to meet new friends from every corner of the world and share expat life. 

I myself have lived all over middle East and East Africa for the last 12 years, and now looking to settle down and set some roots.

What better place than ROME!

Hi dear friend, hope cool I read your massage and I am interested in your friendship thank tell me more about you and I also will tell in the next mail. Thanks

Hi dear friend, how are you hope you are fine I am black but I want be your friend tell more about you and me too I will tell u mine.

Caio Julien,

I am currently working in UAE and have planned to do Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Politechnica Di Torino in August/September 2018. I would really like to settle in Italy. It would be great if someone can let me the possibilities for settling in Italy and also things which I need to do inorder to achieve my goal.

Grazie!!

Hi all!   name is  Caterina.....      was born in Sardinia, raised in the USA....
   by 2019, will be 66y young,  and would like to retire in Italy, around the area  my family comes from...

my aim is::    to keep my already earned $$  as back-up/     and -    get some local job -   for my day-to-day
  living expenses/     and -   to prevent being bored...

open to any and all help/ advice.........   Kay

Hello Caterina,
Good day!!

You seem a very energetic and kind person. My name is Alan Francis and I am currently working in a Multi National Company in Middle East. I will be 28 years old in 2018. Being a big enthusiast of Italy I have planned to do a Masters Degree in Turin and to settle there after. It would be great if you can give me some advice on this. It would be really appreciated if you can contact me through Whats App ***

Thanks and Regards,
Alan

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Zar : )   I've just joined expats today and, as you're living in the Apulia region, I'd like to know how you found settling in there as a foreigner?  I'm thinking of moving over there in the next few years to set up a holiday rental business.  I'm currently studying Italian. Any advice  for me?  Thanks, Leah

Hey all,

I am from Bristol and now living in Palermo, Sicily.
Anyone here, or want to offer some advice on how to make the most of my trip!
love alice
x

DISCLOSURE:

Currently copying and pasting from my CV, and it states that I am: Integrating creativity and structured operational platforms; with an emphasis on business management, brand identity and placement, concurrently with human resource applications, marketing and advertising, devising and developing distinct brands, fused with re-branding projects, trade shows and corporate event organization. Defined by a solid foundation of authentic and innovative thinking, dedicated ethics of values, consistency, and integrity. Methodically advancing company mission and objectives; increasing revenues and profitability. Integrating on-air live TV presentations, live TV segment productions, promotion, as well as PR activities through written articles and personal appearances, both on National & International main TV stations.

"Sorry if it is too formal" not wanting to edit now! :-)

:cool:

Hello,
My name is Colin. I'm a Canadian man currently living in Vancouver. I am planning on moving to Bari, Italy and would like to meet people in Bari. I do not speak Italian but I would like to learn. I am mostly interested in learning about the culture and history of this beautiful part of the world. I want to hire a translator and guide for Bari and surrounding area.

Hi, Colin!

Southern Italy is a good choice if you don't have to work. It's a beautiful place, living costs are lower, compared to the ones you find in Northern Italy.
Another pro is that, in the winter, you don't need to heat the house.

The cons:
- If you need to work, few jobs are available. And many of them are unsteady, underpaid and/or without a regular contract.
- Many Italians don't speak English. I suggest you to start learning Italian through a free online course.
- In some houses, water isn't usable to cook. You have to use the bottled water both to drink and cook.
- You need a car for everythig. Public transport is bad and using a bike is almost a suicide because many people don't respect the rules. For the same reason, if you're walking and you've to across the road, you have to be a "kamikaze", so that drivers can see you and let you walk (fast).
- Healthcare is state-funded and its main con is that, if you need something special, you have to wait for a long time. If you don't want to wait too much you have to go to a private structure.

These are only a part of the pros and cons. I should write a book, in order to list them all!

Here is something that might be of your interest:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … ntry=Italy

Good luck,
Licia

Hi all,
I have just booked my flights for moving to Genoa in November. Anyone else based there?
Laura

Hi All,

I'm currently 25 and living in the UK, South Wales.
I'm looking to move to Milan as soon as possible, however I need to find work out there.

Which I'm struggling to do, If anyone knows for any opportunities for an English Speaker (Not teaching English) I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello Lucia,
Thank you for the information.  Although I am fortunate that I don't need to work, I was surprised to see that many costs in Southern Italy are almost as high as in Vancouver.  You say that jobs are few and if found are low paying and not secure. It makes me wonder how native Italians manage to survive.  They must be very  resilient.  Do you live in Puglia area? Do you know how I could find an Italian translator for when I am in Italy. Also, do you know anyone who would help me learn about the Puglia area. I am willing to pay for this service. Thanks again for the information.
Colin

Hello!
I am an ex-pat from the US who moved to Milan in 1992. Love living in this city and the Italian Lifestyle. Owner of a Digital Agency in Milan.
Along with my wife we run the Italian Lifestyle blog site casachiesi.com

Hi.
I'm from tanzania i would like to visit italy

Closed