New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Chile forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Chile if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hey my name is Grace lwaboshi i'm from congo i would like to go n live in chile cz some of my relatives live there is a familly i knew that went went the long time ago....i was born in 1995 in congo and has been raised up by my father only my mom passed long time ago but unlucky. When i got in grade 12 my father passed also i just started providing for myself no one on this earth could help in 20114 i decided. To take refugee in South africa but still the same as it was in congo i decided to back again in 2016 i spoke to a familly that left congo long time ago and the advised. Me to ho to the internet and found some companies like this if i can be granted a visa thn the will welcome me in their home..my big dream is to futher my stydies i only got matric but if once i got to chile i can do my best working very hard and going to varsity to get my dreams achieved some one help pls!

Hi everyone,

I'm a South African who's hoping to move to Chile this year. I hope to settle somewhere quiet in the Lakes District.

I'm seeking a peaceful, stable, non-violent country with beautiful scenery and a moderate climate. Chile seems to tick all the boxes!

As I'm employed and work remotely, I would be looking at the jubilado y rentista visa. So far my main worries are getting high speed internet, subjecting my dog to a very long flight and getting all of my documents correctly notarized, apostiled and translated!

I've been learning Spanish for a year and am looking forward to being able to master ser vs estar, para vs por and all of the verb tenses!

Best,
BJ

BJZa wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm a South African who's hoping to move to Chile this year. I hope to settle somewhere quiet in the Lakes District.

I'm seeking a peaceful, stable, non-violent country with beautiful scenery and a moderate climate. Chile seems to tick all the boxes!

As I'm employed and work remotely, I would be looking at the jubilado y rentista visa. So far my main worries are getting high speed internet, subjecting my dog to a very long flight and getting all of my documents correctly notarized, apostiled and translated!

I've been learning Spanish for a year and am looking forward to being able to master ser vs estar, para vs por and all of the verb tenses!

Best,
BJ

Hi BJ, I'm another Saffer considering Chile.. but its early days for me in the process.

I'm looking for a moderate climate too.. 

I would appreciate people's input on this subject!

Diane

JR here. I'm thinking about spending some time in Valparaiso. Maybe a considerable amount of time. I'd like to hear from any artists and/or teachers living in the city, specifically writers and musicians. Or those who teach English language, or English literature courses.

And...any blues or groove jazz musicians in Valparaiso?? Are there gigs available?

Hello! I just moved to Valpo area at the end of January. I am from the US, originally from Los Angeles CA. I am an English teacher here, and I would love to meet some other expats who are living in the area 😃

Hello,\   
              I am currently living in Concepcion some 300 miles south of you in Valparaiso. If you ever get down here, contact me and we can meet for lunch. If there is any other way I may be of service to you, please feel free to contact me.

Hi everyone, 

If any of you guys living in Chile could give an estimate of your average internet speeds, it would be much appreciated :)

TIA,

BJ

Hi,
I am a businessman from Pakistan and moving to Chile on TR with my family to start a new business and family life there. Any guidance about Chilean life will be highly apriciated.
Thanks
Saeed Mirza

hello bjza, i am contemplating move to chile for a year or more. are you still in sa/already in chile?i am hoping to do it with someone from sa,  - starsrox

Greetings, I am Muhammad from Saudi Arabia and looking for local Pakistani Chilean business partner to move and set up business there.

Hello!  New Here to the forum, looking to meet people in Santiago Chile that may have made the move from the states and has some helpful advise and guidance to make the move happen.  We are a family of 4 and will be moving out hopefully at the beginning of the New Year.  Hoping to bring my work with me as i can work remotely but also looking at new opportunities there.
Thank you!

Jason

Interested in your story! we are moving from Utah and she would like to teach English and wonder what you had to do to get your work Visa and residency for that?
Thanks!

Jason

Hi,
I am a Pakistani national, living in Saudia right now. Got my TR visa and  moving to Chile with my family in November to live and setup my business there. Please let's share any information, can help each other.
Which visa did you obtain to move to Chile?

Looking forward to your reply on my email 
Saeed Mirza

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid your contact details on the forum. Thank you

My husband and I are considering the same thing in the same timeline.  Also looking for insights from those who have gone before us.

Hello,
My name is Patty. My husband and I are looking teach English abroad. I am an experienced Educational Software executive, my husband is in technology sales. We have decided that we want to embark on this adventure while we are still young enough to fully participate in the culture, the travel. We are, of course, anxious, but knowing there are others on the ground or on the same path is very encouraging.

I hope to learn from those who have gone before and perhaps provide guidance to others when we experiences to share.

Good day all.

I am a South African looking to relocate to the "lakes district". I am what South Africans would call a "dutchmen" and I have only now starting to learn Spanish. Although it would seem that the Spanish spoken in Chile is a bit different?
I work in the drawing (AutoCAD) and construction (civil, architectural, structural...) industry and one of the main questions would be where to start looking for employment and then cost of renting/buying property...

It would be helpful if anyone would be able to point me in the correct direction.

Kind regards,
Stephan Bronkhorst.

AoA Mr. Muhammed.

My Name is Muhammad Saeed Mirza and I am moving to Santiago, Chile on November 15th and I am highly interested in joining hand with good people for mutual benefits and success.
Please write me back on ***

Best Wishes,
Muhammad Saeed Mirza

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hola fellow expats!

I am from the US and recently moved to Santiago from NYC w/ my Chilean partner and our dog. I am a former NYC fashion designer as well as yoga teacher, and I am looking for work here in Santiago. Freelance design work as well as yoga teaching! Any tips on where to start? x

Hello Jason, If you still in the forum, send me PM to get in touch. My wife and I are also living in Santiago since last year and would like to meet new people also from the States.

Best regards,
Rick S.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751291

Thanks!

Closed