New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

Hello. I am Olta from Albania! I live and work in Austria (Oberösterreich).
Liebe Grüße von mir!

Hie. Am from Zimbabwe coming to study at Launder Business school in vienna sometime in sep

Hello!

My name is Frank and I am moving to Feldkirch from Seattle, WA. I am a software engineer, photographer ([link moderated] and a mediocre guitar player.

I would love to meet other expats in the area!

I know most of the people here are in the Vienna area, but I am hoping there are a few over in lovely Vorarlberg!

Frank

Hi,

My Name is Anto, I'm a Software Engineer. I have moved to Vienna last month. I'm Currently located in the 10th district. As of now I only Speak English and Tamil and I have started to learn German.

I would love to meet other expats in Vienna for a meetup or any other activities.

-Anto

Hi My name is Juliana, I'm from the UK, I was a student studying my degree in Nursing. I moved to Vienna for over 3months. I find it a little difficult, but I'm getting round to it. Especially the language barrier. I'm trying to study the language as well as looking for job.

I want to finish my study when I learn the language. I currently live in the 11th district.
Hoping to make friends as well as I'm a mother of a 5yr old boy.

Wonteh1 wrote:

Hi My name is Juliana, I'm from the UK, I was a student studying my degree in Nursing. I moved to Vienna for over 3months. I find it a little difficult, but I'm getting round to it. Especially the language barrier. I'm trying to study the language as well as looking for job.

I want to finish my study when I learn the language. I currently live in the 11th district.
Hoping to make friends as well as I'm a mother of a 5yr old boy.

Welcome to Vienna nd Austria,

Hope you enjoy your time here :D

Simon

Hello everyone. I'm Mohamed Nassar, from Egypt. I just recently moved to Linz in Upper Austria to work. Its a nice place but I'm still trying to adapt to the local language. I do speak some German because I learned it in college. But obviously not enough :)

MANassar wrote:

Hello everyone. I'm Mohamed Nassar, from Egypt. I just recently moved to Linz in Upper Austria to work. Its a nice place but I'm still trying to adapt to the local language. I do speak some German because I learned it in college. But obviously not enough :)

Welcome to Austria Mohamed, I hope you enjoy :) your time here.

Hi,
My name is Moamen from Egypt and i have been living in Vienna for 1 month , I'am Software Engineer , I speak Arabic , English and have started to learn German ,
I'd like to make a new friends   :cool:

Welcome to the site Moamen,

I do recall there was some other people from Egypt that had joined the site, so you might be lucky that they will comment. So hang in there.  ;)

Hi all, although my wife and I have lived in Kaernten for 5 years I am new on this site. 

We live in a village about 15 minutes from Spittal an der Drau, love it.  The people are really friendly and welcoming. 

Always on the look out to learn from the experiences that others have had and happy (where possible) to share our experiences of moving to and living in Austria.

;-)

Hey there Davidi407,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Its great that you could us, feel free to have a look around the Austrian page and if you are feeling strong with time on your hands have a scan over other pages.  :D

Regards

S

Hello Matthias ,

I`m Orhan from Azerbaijan. My greetings to you from Baku . I have some questions to you . I would be grateful if you answered them . Are you living in Austria ? I`m highly interested in living and working there and asking you main information related with this matter . Thanks in advance . )

Hi there!

I am Amanda from Mexico live. I am an architect and I like to go to Austria to study a master in the University of Applied Arts in Vienna.

I am still planning and working on the application at the University and after applying for a scholarship.

For now I would like to learn German and to know more about Vienna and Austria in general because I love this country since I was a child.

Hello!
I am Judith from Los Angeles, I arrived in Austria about 10 days ago, and boy, am I THRILLED to have found expat.com!
This was not a planned move. Out of nowhere, I was presented with the opportunity to live in an old inn on Hallstatt Lake for 3 months, and I just grabbed it (I'm no dummy, lo!!). The way it unfolds is now up to ME, of course.
I know nothing.  Not the language, nor how to get around by public transport, nor even exactly where I am, lol!
I welcome any and all outreached hands with gratitude and friendship.
Namaste for now.
Judith

recalibrating wrote:

Hello!
I am Judith from Los Angeles, I arrived in Austria about 10 days ago, and boy, am I THRILLED to have found https://www.expat.com!
This was not a planned move. Out of nowhere, I was presented with the opportunity to live in an old inn on Hallstatt Lake for 3 months, and I just grabbed it (I'm no dummy, lo!!). The way it unfolds is now up to ME, of course.
I know nothing.  Not the language, nor how to get around by public transport, nor even exactly where I am, lol!
I welcome any and all outreached hands with gratitude and friendship.
Namaste for now.
Judith

Hey Judith :)

Yay for joining us here, moving to a new country is always fun and stressful rolled into one. But we are all friends here so should you need help or tips. Please feel to ask away.

You are very lucky to live in that part of the country, very beautiful and less stressful compared to LA.

If you have time, why not write a BLOG with your experiences.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

Lol, SimCityAT.... as a writer with TWO international blogs going strong already, plus FB pages, plus, etc., etc... I LOVE the idea of writing a bog about my experiences here. Thing is, I think I'm here to get AWAY from the computer!
recallibrating

Hello!

I am Danielle and I am currently living in Linz, Austria :)

I've been here for 2 months and living with my boyfriend who is a native to Austria, and I am working as an Au Pair for 3 kids (twins boys age 3 and one older boy age 6)

I would love to meet other Au Pairs in Linz but also other expats in general as it can get quite lonely when you don't speak the language very well.

Peace and love!
Danielle

Hi Danielle,
My name is Liz and like you, I moved here to be with my Austrian boyfriend.  I am also trying to learn German, but find it very difficult as everyone around me only speaks Dialect.  I am also looking to meet some other expats in the area, as I understand it can get very lonely with everyone only speaking German.

Let me know if you'd like to get together sometime.  We could go for a hike or walk or for a coffee, tea, drink or whatever.

Hope to speak to you soon,

Liz

I'm Kim a newly, early retired ER/Trauma Nurse, Bakery Owner and Pastor. I've decided to tour the world in looking for the best place I'd like to settle down, relax and enjoy, volunteering in various activities and the church.

So glad I read your post, I wont be coming until June and July of 2018, I do have an off line translator, so this will help with the dialect, I hope to meet you when I get there,I'll be there in June and July of 2018, I hope I can find many of you when I get there, as I stated with another person, I do have an off line translator on my Ipad, so this will help me somewhat, but would like to meet up with other expats, please remember me for 2018, I have my address and everything my name is Kim, thanks

Hi All,
I am Ravi. Me and my family are moving to Linz, Austria in month September. I had been there couple of times on business trips and i like the small town setup and simplicity of the place. I am looking forward to meet some of you folks in the due course.
Thanks and Regards,
~Ravi

Hi everyone, hope you are all good! :)

I live in Vienna for a couple of years and I'm very satisfied with life here. I have started the business, I have taxi service, so if you need a taxi in Vienna, I'm here for you.

Wish you all the best guys!

Hello,
I am Kavita and have moved from India to Kundl, Austria since a month.
I like to make new connections and travel places, enjoy lunch/dinner and sight seeing.

I am a filipino who was in Vienna and Bavaria last August 2016. I would love to come back and work there. Do you know easy ways to go back to find work?

Danke!

Hello,
Am Samuel from Nairobi,kenya,i plan to move to Austria sometime next year if i manage to secure a job so am still looking for a job that can enable me process the permit.Its lovely to be here  and looking forward to all the advise i can get.

Good day. Thanks a lot for your introductory advice. Hope & pray your regular advice at every step in this forum.
The climate, culture, demography of Austria makes me interested to be a member of this forum.

I am married. My family consists of three members wife,  6 years a kid and me. Professionally I am Accounts personnel in an Airlines.

Hope more conversation will happen in future.

Be fine.

HI I am Irish just moved to Steyr near Linz , don't currently speak any German interested in meeting up with people!

Hi Liz...

I just joined this forum as I am looking to return to Austria next year after being away from my yearly travels ending in 2014.  This time my wife and I hope to look into moving to Vienna permanently.

As to learning German, Fluenz has an excellent course, which you can purchase.  However, all such courses only teach High German or "Hochedeutsch".  To actually learn the dialect you will have to attend one of the German courses in Vienna.

Hope this helps a little...  :)

Guten tag everyone!

My name is Gift, and I understand that means poison in German :/ I guess I will be having awkward introductions all the time, haha.

I am moving in October to start work in Wien. Looking forward to enjoying the city and meeting folks.

Cheers!

Hi - I used to live south of Durban (Amanzimtoti) for over 10 years, moved beginning of 2003 with my late husband to Austria (he was South African)

Now I am living in Upper Austria (Attersee) the region is called the Salzkammergut - it is the lake district east of Salzburg.

I am trying to meet new friends and help people with information about Austria.

Most of the time I travel all over Europe with my dog - just sleeping in my camper van and hike.
My passion is the outdoors and looking for hikes "of the beaten track".

Chow for now
Birgitt

Hi there I see on your post that you have settled in Steyer and are looking for contact and maybe information about Austria. How are things going in the Moment? Specially the language issue?

Chow for now
Birgitt

Hi Judith I see on your post that you have settled in Hallstatt and are looking for contact and maybe information about Austria. How are things going in the Moment? Specially the language issue?

Hallstatt is not that far from the place were I live.

Chow for now
Birgitt

BM_daro wrote:

Hi Judith I see on your post that you have settled in Hallstatt and are looking for contact and maybe information about Austria. How are things going in the Moment? Specially the language issue?

Hallstatt is not that far from the place were I live.

Chow for now
Birgitt

Hey Brigitt

Welcome to the Forum :)

You might wish to send them a PM (Private Message) then you can arrange a meetup and exchange personal details like telephone numbers.

SimCityAT
Expert Team

How do I send a PM message - I can only see the reply option below. I just tried to send a reply to another member and was "blocked again" via the system - I didn't copy and paste - it is very frustrating

Chow
Birgitt

BM_daro wrote:

How do I send a PM message - I can only see the reply option below. I just tried to send a reply to another member and was "blocked again" via the system - I didn't copy and paste - it is very frustrating

Chow
Birgitt

Ah ok, yes this is in place to protect members and to stop spammers, just participate more in the forum. It will open up then and the more you post the more PMs you can send. Sorry about that.

Hello everyone! I will be starting a new job in Salzburg on 01.01.18 and thus will be moving in there by the end of Dec etc. Here's me saying Hello and I look forward to getting to know you guys :)

Hello there
My name is Darek. I am new to Austria; moved less than two weeks ago, because my German girlfriend left England and now lives and works here. Recently, I have completed my degree in Construction management in the UK. I am fluent in Polish and English, and I am working on my German.

Ten years ago England was an uncharted territory for me. I think I did quite well considering that I got a British citizenship. Now I am looking for my place on Earth in Austria.
Lots of hope, but also lots of unknowns. This including a job. It will be great to have one, because the master's degree wasn't cheap.

I am looking forward for my time here in Austria (Salzburg stadt).

Wishing good luck to all expats in Austria!
Darek

P.S. I am thinking about making a renovation/development business in Salzburg. First starting small. I am not afraid of a physical work, preparing designs and the schedule of works is also not foreign to me. I will see how it goes.

Closed