New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Turkey forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Turkey if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi, my name is sherry , plan to move to Antalya, which ares is more fun and same time affordable to buy an apartment?? Is Alayna nice or not comparison with rest of Antalya, thank u all

Some of the more popular regions in that area are Lara (upscale with a lot of cafes and places to hang out, a ride away from the sea), and Konyaalti.

Though for affordability, you may want to look for areas a bit further from the city centers.

Sherwat siery wrote:

Hi, my name is sherry , plan to move to Antalya, which ares is more fun and same time affordable to buy an apartment?? Is Alayna nice or not comparison with rest of Antalya, thank u all

Alanya is way less densely populated than Antalya. It is comparatively a  more laid back and relaxed city. Though the tourist influx is still considerable.

Hope this helps.
Good luck
Z

Sherwat siery wrote:

Thank u so much , great help , but need to know why ground floor conceder cheaper than upper one , same size and all ??
I'm looking no more than $50.000 to $53.000 in dollar apartments, two bedrooms, and broker said u will not find in this budget, we may conceder secondhand one then , what do u think ?

No problem,  glad i could be of help. 
I guess the price difference may have to do with a better view and security on upper floors, though you may want to check with your broker.
I'm not much into market prices, though that amount may not get you anything desirable.

What do you mean by 'secondhand'?

Sherwat siery wrote:

Thank u so much , great help , but need to know why ground floor conceder cheaper than upper one , same size and all ??
I'm looking no more than $50.000 to $53.000 in dollar apartments, two bedrooms, and broker said u will not find in this budget, we may conceder secondhand one then , what do u think ?

Wow, thank u so much , but can't see the link , just insurance one

You can find it for this budget.Also I recommend you to move another city or a town if you are retired.Antalya is not good for retired people.Google it Cappadocia.You can buy a very large house for 50.000 here.

Thank u so much , will googled

I'm a newbie as well on this site.  :) I salute you all. :)) I'm a local but I don't feel so anymore since I studied in Ankara for six years (included abroad experiences). I'm a certificated Turkish teacher for the foreign learners and currently looking for a job.  :gloria

Salam, Merhaba.

My name is Siti

I am maried Turkish and stay in Bursa Turkey since last year.

Sincerely Yours
Siti

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : promoting your business on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I thank you so much for your offer but I live in Izmir.

Greetings,

My name is Maria Molinaro, I have 23 years old, currently living in Venezuela and I am planning on living in Turkey, I have never been there and I would love to know about people there, how they live, what do you reccomend for me and many other things, I am a very open person to culture and different languages, right now Turkey, specifically Istanbul is my goal.

If there is anything I need to know for my plans feel free to tell me.

Hello,

You could join the expat groups on Facebook and read the files they collected about life in Turkey. You can also learn basic Turkish by Duolingo and Memrise. I don't live in Istanbul so unfortunately I can't say anything about it but be ready to live in a tremendous city. :))

Hi,

I move to Bursa from Holland. And I would very like it to contact with otter dutchies in Bursa. I have 8 years experience in the Dutch banking sector. So it would be great to continue my career in Bursa. I look forward to contact with other dutchies in Bursa.

Welcome to the forum,
You may want to try the networking section for reaching out to other Dutchies.
Good luck, have fun.
Z

Dutchie8 wrote:

Hi,

I move to Bursa from Holland. And I would very like it to contact with otter dutchies in Bursa. I have 8 years experience in the Dutch banking sector. So it would be great to continue my career in Bursa. I look forward to contact with other dutchies in Bursa.

Hi Maria,

Turkey, specifically Istanbul is a pretty cool place to be in because of different factors. It is a historic city, with a lot of good historical architecture (the modern architecture is easily passable). Climate wise, it is one of the best balanced places I have been to, offering a mild summers and a not so long winters. The city has a sea passing through it and that's a great sight. People are friendly and helpful (though you often have to be careful with underlying intentions owing to the nature of it being a touristic city).

On the downside, its a huge city and majority of the people do not speak English. As a foreigner and non language speaker, you often get ripped off, or attempted at frequently. Whether its a cab driver, plumber, electrician, your home mover.. you name it, they will over price you for services (I have to do a lot of research and ask a lot of people before I enlist any service). Also, learning language is a must. You wont fund many people speaking English here.

Most importantly, as a girl, you would like to know the opinion of other girls who are living in the culture and how they cope with it. I think that would be a really good measuring point for you. 

Hope this is helpful.
Good luck

MariaMoli wrote:

Greetings,

My name is Maria Molinaro, I have 23 years old, currently living in Venezuela and I am planning on living in Turkey, I have never been there and I would love to know about people there, how they live, what do you reccomend for me and many other things, I am a very open person to culture and different languages, right now Turkey, specifically Istanbul is my goal.

Thanx!

You can see that i'm a newbie, trying to figure out the site but i found the members part and I hope i will find some duthies in Bursa to connect with ;)

Perfect!

Good luck. : )

Dutchie8 wrote:

Thanx!

You can see that i'm a newbie, trying to figure out the site but i found the members part and I hope i will find some duthies in Bursa to connect with ;)

Salam, merhaba.

I am Indonesian, i am in Bursa.
I am looking business partner in Bursa.
Anyone speaking english, contact me.

sincerely
Siti

Hi Siti,

I live in Bursa too. Can you give me more details about your business?

Hi Dutchie8 > please contact the person via your private message system as this topic is on the introduction of new members in Turkey.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

Hello All,
I'm teaching English here in Konya. Just arrived and would like to get some Turkish lessons face to face or Skype. (I haven't found anyone who gives Turkish lessons to expats in Konya)
Any suggestions?
Thanks, have a great day :-)
Lisa-Michelle

Hello,

If you want, I can help you.In addition, I want to improve my speaking in English as well :)

hi, I can help you the friends who lives in Istanbul, willingly.

well, i got an email that i shall introduce myself.
I am a guy from Turkey with a pure turkish operating system in my mind which leads me to act like a real one. Thanks.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : off topic - please post in the jobs section

Hi All ,
I just registerd here 2 days ago , I m an IT manager here in Istanbul ,
I am married and have baby soon ...
I 'd like to contact new people  to help them to find a job  ,
Please don't hesitate to contact with me ,
Thank you ,

Hi there ! This is Can from Ankara. I would like to be happy to help you! BR

Hello, my name is Glory, i'm a native  speaker  teaching  English  Language .I live at Antalya. I am looking  for a job.
please  don't  hesitate  to contact  me through  my Email.
Thanks.

Hello everyone!I just registered now.Still here in Philippines but really hoping and willing to find a job and work there in Turkey.

Hi, hwu. I would be happy to help you English if you are willing to help me turkish. I will be visiting istanbul soon. Whatsapp me on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

@ Shumbayacho, i have created a new thread on the forum from one of your post. You might want have a look at it : Is it safe to visit ?

As far as language exchange is concerned, feel free to drop an advert here : Language exchange in Turkey as this thread is only dedicated to the introduction of new members.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi everyone

I am a newbie here.

I am a South African female currently residing in Koaceli and I am a qualified English teacher and looking for work.

Thanks

Hi All ..I am Naim from Bahrain just recently came to Turkey in Istanbul for a trip..looking forward to meet new friends

Hello everybody,
i plan to move in before start of summer in  Istanbul and to enroll to learn turkish classes and to see to work with kids.
This is opportunity to connect with people to learn more and to look for friends for coffee and similar.

Hello everyone,

We are a Turkish family seeking for a fluent English speaker helper for our family. Since we have 2 kids the choice is hard but I hope we will have a great family member to be a part of us :)

Hello im gradated as a Child and youth worker/counselor
you may contact me.

jovanat wrote:

Hello everybody,
i plan to move in before start of summer in  Istanbul and to enroll to learn turkish classes and to see to work with kids.
This is opportunity to connect with people to learn more and to look for friends for coffee and similar.

hello
and walcom to istanbul and any time you coem and need help or need friend for coffee i'm ready and if you need apartment for rent or Extraction of residence also i'm ready help you...

MariaMoli wrote:

Greetings,

when you arrive istanbul contact me and anything you need will help you

Closed