IS IT REALLY HARD TO LIVE IN KUWAIT??

Hi everyone,

I have seen alot of people saying bad things about Kuwait and about their experiences, after reading all these comments I am changing my mind to come to Kuwait.

I am IT professional and got an offer from a bank with 1600 KD package per month.

Please suggest.

Regards

Hi overworked,

how r u friend? as per ur profile u r living n UAE - Dubai, but what's ur nationality? r u a UAE Citizen or expat in Dubai??

I'm living in Kuwait for more than 2 years, am working in IT feild also, it's a great place, of course everybody will tell u his own opinion, but i have an enough experience in the GCC countries..... Kuwait is very very nice place, and i'm sure that u'll like it n there is nothing hard as u mention....

Wishing u all the best ......

Regards,
Ahmad

Hi overworked, what such bad things have you heard about kuwait? I believe in every country there is always something not good. Crimes and racism are everywhere. It really depends on the perspective of a person. I must say there is much freedom in dubai than here in Kuwait. If you like drinking here and there stay in Dubai. :D
The offer given to you is good btw.. Not so many ITs have that salary i guess..

Thanks guys for your reply, well  i am expat in Dubai and working as IT project Manager, I am  Masters in Information technology, PMP, CCSP,CCNA, MCSE,MCSA,MCP certified, I worked in Microsoft, Dubai holding and many other big companies .
Dear khaye the pay they are offering I thought it's not a good offer.

again thank and if you have any other valuable advice please share.

1600 KD is a good offer ,accept it and come to kuwait.

Overworked: In principle the pay should always be seen in perspective, from the actual cost of living. If you get 1500 and your expenses/cost of living is 1450, then it's going to be challenging.

Based on your credentials, your past experience, and package I'd assume your expectations are probably higher (I work in similar environment). However, if you compare the housing costs, then Kwt is still lower compared to Dubai or even Abu Dhabi. Are you covered for school fees, other expenses etc.? All this comes to play.

I suggest you do a simple excercise for yourself with cost comparison of both packages(dubai/kwt), and then decide if it's worth taking the step. You'll find a wealth of information in this forum on the average cost of living.

Pls also take into account the non-tangible items: career growth, experience, arena of work, etc. This is hard to classify, but at the end of the day if it all comes out as equal, then it boils down to your gut-feeling.

Good luck!

habibi , i m half educated as u r .. and my currennt package is higher than 1600 , so wait for a better offer //