How easy is it for expats to find work in Cambodia?

All feedback from those who have successfully found work appreciated

Depends what you can do, and what you're willing to accept.

I couldn't find paid work as an accountant (but found plenty of volunteer projects). ESL teachers probably have the easiest time.

Thanks for the info. I am a Publicist/Journalist by profession, but happy to work outside of my industry as its the life experience I am after, rather than the work experience

Yes, really depends on skill sets. Lots of English teachers, lots of foreigners working in hospitality, lots of people working for NGO's. However, the days where a white face was enough to land a job are (mostly) gone.

I'm sure there would be opportunities for a freelance journalist or a marketing consultant if that fits your skillset.

You would need to do a lot of networking - something I have never been very good at, which I'm sure contributed to my lack of success.

When I first moved out here I was after anything that I already had experience in and tried my best to avoid being an ESL teacher.

I have a completely different view now. I first landed a job running a cafe and photography studio which paid decently and felt like a challenge but it didn't take long to understand how the working locals were treated by the bosses and owners. One word; disgusting. I quit that job and relaxed for a month before pursing looking for another job which lead me in the direction of applying at schools for a nursery teaching position.

I've come to realize that working at a school is perfect for my lifestyle. There are over 28 Cambodian Holidays which you get off and are paid for. There are plenty of 3-5 day weekends that allow getaway trips to the countryside, the coast or ever out of the country. (I am headed to Japan at the end of the month while having a week off for Chinese New year)

I sent out 5 emails to different schools and started working the same week so, I think it will be fairly simple to find work out here just depending on what suits you best.

Just a bit of levity coming  - After living here a few years, I thought  when ya said 3-5 day weekends.... that ya really meant there is an occasional 3 to 5 day workweek here. - There is quite a few holidays that the Khmer's celebrate and have. Also if there isn't a Cambodian holiday coming the next week,  they will gladly celebrate any other country's holidays without question!