Canadian wanting to relocate to Puerto Plata, Dominican republic

Well done, Bravo. You have struck gold. If only the masses could see the truth & beauty in the simple life. I made the decision over 30 years ago as a young man. I may never get rich, but I damn sure are gong to enjoy life in the islands. True I ended up as a sucessful guy, not wealthy, but not poverty stricken either.  I live on a very modest budget, content & have no real need for more though it would be a welcome addition.   Get your ass back to where you obviously belong. Give short shrift to the naysayers. They are the ones who contribute to the problems facing so many.  Yes, a huzza & bravo to you.  Si, once again the Tuba has farted.   Welcome Sir & thank you, you will raise the fun level here.  Keep giving us your perceptions & subtle wit, it is sorely needed here.

Re the comment about prostitutes in Sosúa.  One doesn't have to go with those hookers any more than you do with any of the others, in every other place.

The Colonel is 100% correct. If you don't like the view, don't look.

If I want residency, must I star the process from my home country, or is it possible to start in Dominican Republic?

So if I want to move to DR, I can't do it until I complete residency?, or can I move and then apply for residency?

The process starts in one's home country or country of legal residency where a visa needs to be applied for at the nearest Dominican embassy or consulate.

It will be easier to apply from your country since you will need to gather several documents that can be more easily be obtained from your country.

Ok, but it is still possible to do it from DR? right?

No Andre.  check the threads, this is an old topic with all the information you need.

You MUST apply from your home country.  It is no longer an option to apply from here.

Saludos yo quiero un trabajo en canada soy técnico Mecánico con experiencia en plantas de energy

Mi amor eso es de Ingles. Mejor escribe en forums de canada!

ok  Dear.