Online temporary residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam?

Online temporary residence registration for foreigners in Vietnam

The Ministry of Public Security has released Circular 53/2016/TT-BCA on registration and acceptance of temporary residence for foreigners in Viet Nam.
Accordingly, temporarily-residing foreigners will have to log in the websites of immigration management offices of provincial and municipal police force to provide information on names, addresses, phone numbers, emails of residence sites.
They will also have to register their personal names, date of births, phone numbers, ID cards as well as the passport number. In case of any change, they will have to update and supplement information at the police immigration management websites.
The immigration management offices were asked to receive registration information in 24 hours daily.   
The circular shall come into force since February 15, 2017.
VGP

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/societ … etnam.html

Does anybody know the details on this?

Hello - I am not sure if this recent circular coincides with my landlord's urgent request yesterday to round up all the foreign passports in our apartment building. As she usually does, she proceeds directly to the local police station and registers or re-registers everyone (or updates any new visas types - visitor or TRC, new tenants, etc.).

She returned the passports within about 30 - 45 mins so I suspect it was the usual round of 'immigration alerts' that go on around here in HCMC. Maybe the online registration is for foreigners out of the major centers or in the rural areas. Not sure if it is linked specifically to this recent circular though ...

Landlord phoned yesterday saying I had to give my passport today so sounds like  its not a coincidence

My landload requested a copy of my passport upon moving in for police registration. It may be true.

And how does one find the online site for their province. Wish we had a Vietnamese version I would take it to my ward police and ask them.

Does this apply if your not here on a TRC. I was told that they have now been done away wit for anyone but those in business. In January 2015 when all these new visa rules took affect one could get a TRC. Not now. Of course, back then you could renew your VEC at the local immigration office. No more. now only once a year and then you must exit and reenter. They change faster than I change my underwear.